Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Saudia Arabian football

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
But how does it work ? EVERYONE knows the Saudi's are scum
The more organisations that deem it morally acceptable to work with them, the more other organisations are prepared to say ‘Well, why shouldn’t we? Everyone else does”. Eventually, it’s just seen as normal to treat their record for human rights and chopping up journalists as an irrelevance.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
My already high estimation of Messi, has grown given his decision to swerve the Saudi retirement gravy train league.
Obviously two years working with that lot and the way he was used at the World Cup left him questioning moralities. Well that’s my hope anyway!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
But how does it work ? EVERYONE knows the Saudi's are scum
Successive UK Governments don't think they are scum given the amount of hardware they purchase for defence, a cash cow

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I can see big Bob going there too
Possibly young enough for it not to wreck his entire career but, really, what's the point? Other than money, obviously, of which there is plenty in Europe already. Certainly wouldn't help his international chances. It takes a certain type of character to think that becoming that rich is worth more than achieving something of substance as a footballer. Waste of talent unless you've already won the meaningful medals.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I can see big Bob going there too
1 year after signing for Chelsea and being forced there by The Todd's paymasters?

They loves themselves a bit of Indentured servitude, proper love it, those Saudis.

fruitnveg

Jul 22, 2010
Waitrose. Veg aisles
The brainless pundits are overreacting for the sake of their own profile. Football fans generally follow their clubs, not the players. Saudi can buy all the talent they want, they will never have the heritage or fans that any European club has. They may get some floating casuals to watch but that won't make them a success nor will it make any meaningful impact on our football. Let them throw cash at mercenaries like the Chinese were, you can't buy class or heritage nor the prestige that naturally follow.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
The brainless pundits are overreacting for the sake of their own profile. Football fans generally follow their clubs, not the players. Saudi can buy all the talent they want, they will never have the heritage or fans that any European club has. They may get some floating casuals to watch but that won't make them a success nor will it make any meaningful impact on our football. Let them throw cash at mercenaries like the Chinese were, you can't buy class or heritage nor the prestige that naturally follow.
That's not quite true. Might be for you and me, but many many football fans around the world are fans of individual players and follow them not the clubs (eg Mitoma, Ronaldo etc). These teams will gain followers whilst their favourite is playing there.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Half the fun of going to matches, or indeed playing in them, is what happens on the terraces. I'll safely guess that Saudi terraces are naff

knekkebrød

May 20, 2018
Norway
Saudi Arabia is quite warm, right? Will they play some of their games, or parts of the season, abroad? As in Europe and big cities around the globe?

Is this the start of a new super league?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here