Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Saudi Super League

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Going there in a couple of weeks 👍
The Anchor Bar for the home of Buffalo Wings, good pub worth a visit also the Founding Father's pub.

What tourist bit there is, is along the lakeside and there is not much of a city centre but they are obsessed with the Bills , 40k there 2 weeks ago for the opening training session and a new stadium being built.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Where’s the NSC Saudi League Fantasy Football link? :wink:

What name are you signing up under? I hope to be able to use The Beheaders

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

This is big news. He's one of the top prospects in Spain and has been linked with every big side in Europe but now he's opted for winning the Saudi League rather than the Champions League. 21 years old.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
What a sad waste of a career. Playing in front of 3,000 against a bunch of geriatrics and park football players.
Depends what you want out of a career. If it's money, then it's straight to Saudi...

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai

This is big news. He's one of the top prospects in Spain and has been linked with every big side in Europe but now he's opted for winning the Saudi League rather than the Champions League. 21 years old.

Another twist. No longer just established professionals looking for a big payday in the latter stages of their career.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Former Albion fringe player, turned Norwich city midfielder Mathias Normann, has also now taken the dirty money.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
What a sad waste of a career. Playing in front of 3,000 against a bunch of geriatrics and park football players.
I would guess the thought is to play two or three years there, earn enough money to set your family up for a long time, then return to Europe when still in your early 20s and resume a more normal football career.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
A "gamble" maybe. A couple of years earning gazzillions, hopefully avoiding an injury from a Saudi clogger, then returning to Europe and hoping that his talent hasn't waned in the interim. Not the way I'd play the game if I could (chase glory not money) but can't see any other reason. Playing there isn't going to develop his talent further is it.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Former Albion fringe player, turned Norwich city midfielder Mathias Normann, has also now taken the dirty money.
I previously couldn't think of a scenario where I'd want to move to Saudi Arabia. Living and working/playing in Russia, as Norman has been, might be one scenario though!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Did I hear right - they want their teams in the uefa CL? That's BS

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
The fact that BBC Sport now includes all the Saudi League fixtures and results certainly sends a message.
Answers on a postcard please to what that message is.

Attachments

• IMG_4651.jpeg
    IMG_4651.jpeg
    16.8 KB · Views: 33

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here