Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Saudi League

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Reckon Palace might ask to join, can then claim they were actually formed in 1277-1278
Thy won't need to join to say that. They'll probably next claim that cave paintings show primitive human beings playing prehistoric football on the land that later became the CP region, such is the awesomeness of their legacy.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I look forward to the first game between Jeddah Knights and Saracens.
Jeddah Beheaders vs. Al-Nassr Hussain, shurely?

Al-Ittihad Al-Itallam vs Doner Al-Shabab looks tasty too.

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Saudi owned Newcastle are in talks with Saudi owned Al Ahli about off loading Alan St Maximum for enough money to fund buying Harvey Barnes.

I'd imagine that'll be a difficult and nervy negotiation.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
I work as a teacher in Australia and yesterday I wondered when a kid was going to claim they 'support' a Saudi team. Just recently many claim to support Argentina because of the world cup. One said Miami yesterday which was interesting but I guess they are big now.

For context the kid who said Miami also said Man city and PSG (told me what it stood for, which was nice) but had never heard of Brighton.
Perhaps you could tell the kids that an Australian lady is married to the man who owns Brighton . The local link might spark their interest more . Melbourne to be precise.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
He needs to swot up on his summer football pools coupon from the seventies and eighties. Presumably we all followed the Australian Brighton's results in the back of the paper? I've just found out that they are from a suburb of Melbourne and merged with another team in 1987. Sometimes I look back fondly on a time when things remained a mystery and you couldn't find out everything about anything within seconds of thinking about it. The world just becomes so prosaic.
My dad and I used to have a weekly flutter on the Aussie footie pools via Littlewoods (?) during our summer 👍. Always looked out for the Oz Brighton result. Them was simple times 😎

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Saudi owned Newcastle are in talks with Saudi owned Al Ahli about off loading Alan St Maximum for enough money to fund buying Harvey Barnes.

I'd imagine that'll be a difficult and nervy negotiation.
Will be interesting to see the response from the other Premier League clubs if that occurs. Likewise, if Neves end up at SJP on loan any time soon. The Saudis have been pretty shrewd with their approach at Newcastle so far. Those deals might just be seen as a step too far.

Not that, ultimately, there's much hope of punishment but the fuss would be huge.

Bracknell_Gull

Jul 4, 2011
Bracknell
Work at an international school in Singapore and seen at least a couple kids knocking about in Ronaldo Saudi shirts. No idea if there's any kids back in the UK actually doing that though.
Took our 7 year old lad into school last week for some 'break the rules' day or civvies type thingy, and the fat little bully of the class came in with his hair dyed blue and wearing a yellow Saudi club shirt with Ronaldo on his back. He was also showing off his bottle of yellow Prime energy drink.

Didn't realise it was possible to dislike a 7 year old kid that much to be honest but I guess you learn something new every day...

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
Jordan Henderson now off.

Makes all his comments decrying homophobia ring a touch hollow.
I'm sure he intends to change things from the inside.

...but first he'll have to get settled, obviously...

...so not right away...

...maybe after a season or two...

...wouldn't want to rush in with out first getting to understand the culture...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here