[Football] Saudi League

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Be interesting to see if in 25years the Saudi League has been a success.

I guess the shifting sands of time will tell.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
£££££££££
Come on, get with the beat baggy! Bored with fish puns, we’re doing Saudi-based ones instead.

No need to get the HUMP over it mind…

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Come on, get with the beat baggy! Bored with fish puns, we’re doing Saudi-based ones instead.

No need to get the HUMP over it mind….
Sorry, whooshed.
I guess one of the attractions is that the Saudi Clubs carefully Beduin to the team? No? Oil get my coat.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Zero interest in this league. Can’t stand the way they chuck money at everything and expect to have a decent product at the end of it. Doesn’t matter how many stars they pay to go over, football is about more than what happens on the pitch, I guarantee the atmosphere in the stands will be awful. No singing, apart from when they are told to by the authorities, and even then it’ll be devoid of passion. I’d rather Sky broadcast non league here than this utter tripe.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
If it dilutes the PL and gives us a better shot at glory by levelling the playing field I’ll be happy with that.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Zero interest in this league. Can’t stand the way they chuck money at everything and expect to have a decent product at the end of it. Doesn’t matter how many stars they pay to go over, football is about more than what happens on the pitch, I guarantee the atmosphere in the stands will be awful. No singing, apart from when they are told to by the authorities, and even then it’ll be devoid of passion. I’d rather Sky broadcast non league here than this utter tripe.
Much as I detest the Saudis and their regime and the pathetic attempt to buy a league of 'stars', their fans were great in the WC.

anygivensunday

Jul 5, 2012
Singapore
I work as a teacher in Australia and yesterday I wondered when a kid was going to claim they 'support' a Saudi team. Just recently many claim to support Argentina because of the world cup. One said Miami yesterday which was interesting but I guess they are big now.

For context the kid who said Miami also said Man city and PSG (told me what it stood for, which was nice) but had never heard of Brighton.

Work at an international school in Singapore and seen at least a couple kids knocking about in Ronaldo Saudi shirts. No idea if there's any kids back in the UK actually doing that though.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I feel really at peace with it all. The last year/18 months (and even this summer if Moises and PBOBE leave) has been a first-hand lesson into the power of money in the game. But we will be alright.
I find what is happening over there really distasteful but transfers like Ruben Neves indicated there is likely to be a genuine shift of footballing power from Europe to the Middle East.
As long as our club is being run properly and survives I don't really care. There will always be bigger boys and that suits us.
Really does feel like the end of football as we know it though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports