[Football] Saudi consortium to take over Newcastle

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Seeing the reactions from Newcastle fans make me nauseous. Its just bottom low. In plenty of countries in Europe the fans would turn their backs and dont go to the games, but this is so normalised now in the PL that people even appreciate it.

I hope these ****ers spend massive money on new players, rename the club القحبة النفط سخيف then get tired of it all, sell St James Park to some retail developer (or a new Shell petrol station), pay Alan Shearer £20m to be the Sunderland mascot and then **** off back to Saudi Arabia.

Well said fella, disgraceful

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Saudi Arabia FC has taken Newcastle Utd's place in the PL.

RIP Newcastle Utd. I wonder if someone will set up an AFC Newcastle ?

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
I’ve been watching the celebrations from the Newcastle fans and I think the majority of them are just relieved that Ashley has gone rather than the Saudi’s taking over.

I would absolutely hate this to happen at Brighton. Not just if it were to be a dodgy regime with an awful human rights record but also if we ended up winning everything it would feel like we didn’t earn it. It would be similar to using cheat codes on a video game.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I’ve been watching the celebrations from the Newcastle fans and I think the majority of them are just relieved that Ashley has gone rather than the Saudi’s taking over.

Nonsense

They’re running around Bigg Market with tea towels on their heads, wearing NUFC ‘Mbappe’ shirts. The ****ing greedy fickle morons.

This has got very very little to do with Ashley.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Nonsense

They’re running around Bigg Market with tea towels on their heads...

Which I'm sure is landing particularly well with their new owners, a regime renowned for it's self-deprecating sense of humour and love of all things bantz.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
It'll be interesting to see how the new NUFC owners deal with the Rainbow Laces campaign - when in their own country, homosexuals are publically flogged and chemically castrated.

Should be an interesting one for Sky to handle, once they've got over their excruciatingly excitable semi lob-on they've had all day with this.

And - oh shit - can you just imagine Jim Shite tomorrow :facepalm:

Mitch73

Sep 2, 2021

I would absolutely hate this to happen at Brighton. Not just if it were to be a dodgy regime with an awful human rights record but also if we ended up winning everything it would feel like we didn’t earn it. It would be similar to using cheat codes on a video game.

I think you’re right, a lot are just relieved that Ashley has gone. And obviously a load celebrating outside the ground were just kids jumping on the bandwagon, most of them will not have a clue about who’s actually taking them over!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
They are literally hailing her as a hero and a legend on the Toon forums tonight. Despite the fact she's obviously only persisted with this so she can get her filthy slice of dirty blood-soaked arab WAD out of this deal.

https://newcastle-online.org/topic/36957-amanda-staveley/

Wow.
I'm surprised the Wahhabi bigots are letting her appear as their representative with more than just a slit to reveal her eyes showing. Maybe, perhaps, they're just hypocrites? Murderous ones maybe, but still hypocrites.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Great post, couldn’t agree more!

I can’t believe what I’m seeing from these Newcastle fans. Absolutely revolting.

Can't see why the Saudis are anything but heroes to the Geordie racists. After all, the Saudi regime kills more moslems than most of the rest of us do.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Disgusting. But no more than, what, probably the majority of PL clubs now? Who knows, other clubs might even see us as part of the problem with questions to answer equally if anyone’s feeling righteous. We have a voice and a seat at the most powerful table after all, yet the fit and proper test has been widely mocked for decades by fans and media alike.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Let's have another think about this superleague thing. I don't want to be associated with this crap anymore.

(Of course I will keep watching, but it could be so much better (for everyone) if we went in another direction.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
It's not been good this past few hours, first one of our players catastrophically summed up PL excess and fake plastic glitz,

Yeah, cos you are party to all the facts huh? :facepalm:

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
What a bunch of sniveling grovellers they are.

Come across like they'd sell their mother and sister into the sex slave industry just to get a sniff of a bit of silverware.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
It's not been good this past few hours, first one of our players catastrophically summed up PL excess and fake plastic glitz, potentially culminating in a(nother) spectacular fall from the pinnacle to the pit... and then Newcastle celebrate the exorcism of the devil they know for another...

The game I love, have loved for 35 years or so is surely dying... consumed by greed and voodoo economics, alas I cannot say I'm surprised but I am deeply and genuinely saddened...

To see dancing Geordies hell bent on winning no matter the cost, well ... if you're not enough without it, you'll never be enough with it. I wish them luck... for me it's hollow, empty and worthless.

But I guess that's the PL for you... aint it great?

Pity the Super League thing didn't get legs. A big chunk of TV money would have followed and a degree of sanity and level(ish) playing field competitivenss restored to what was left

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
I've always respected and like Toon fans.

They are humorous and good natured.

But the way they've embraced this brutal regime makes me feel sick

They are 100% the next set of fans to become an arrogant bunch of t0ssers overnight though (on the whole). Just you wait till their visit next month.

Does make me wonder what would happen if we were taken over in the same fashion. I just can't see the majority of us being OK with it, and I can imagine protests against it, but maybe I'm being naive??

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
They are 100% the next set of fans to become an arrogant bunch of t0ssers overnight though (on the whole). Just you wait till their visit next month.

Does make me wonder what would happen if we were taken over in the same fashion. I just can't see the majority of us being OK with it, and I can imagine protests against it, but maybe I'm being naive??

Nope, I don’t think you are, there would be protests but we’d be trampled underfoot and replaced by an army of new Glory Hunters once the first 80 million plus striker was signed in January

I like to think I’d walk away which would mean nothing to anyone other than me

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Another club falls. Back in the 70s and 80s a 'dodgy' club owner was someone with a shady past who ran a few nightclubs and had dubious friends, i never dreamt that English football would end up like this.

So, not that we had aspirations of joining the top six (full time) we have moved another rung down the ladder. Where will it end? Will the likes of Forest, Derby, Sheff Wed, follow the same path? Still, clutching at straws, at least it isn't Palace (yet).

More than ever before we really ARE the Good Guys.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports