Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Saturday

plymouth nige

plymouth nige
Oct 21, 2003
plymouth
We dont have a second string,in fact we have failed to fill our bench recently because a hesdmaster refused to let a 15 year old play. Andy Burgin played for Brighton around 1966.

Thats some memory mate! I was watching the Albion then and I cant remember hardly any of their names!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
My first season was 1966/67 and I don't remember an Andy Burgin. We didn't play Stockport in 65/66 or 66/67. We did play them in 67/68 and our right back that day was Wilf Tranter

(am I sad or what?)

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
We dont have a second string,in fact we have failed to fill our bench recently because a hesdmaster refused to let a 15 year old play. Andy Burgin played for Brighton around 1966.

Thanks for your kind words. I hope your team are as accommodating on saturday.....

Hope all goes ok with the administration if it comes to it as you seem like a decent club. Shame the financial rubbish has got you in a vice. Its crap when that is what is happening to yor club. BELIEVE us we know what it is like to be royally shafted.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
except for southampton, if they survive, charlton and norwich, presuming they come down

Southampton may well be playing Sunday League next season. Charlton poach fans from 50 miles away from SE25 who wont want to watch League 1 and Norwich supporters all have a 98% common DNA database match.:)

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Hi Guys,

Stockport fan here,looking forward to Saturdays game now that we are safe. We are expecting administration any day now which will mean a points deduction next season Surprised to see you struggling as you looked a decent side at E.P.Hope you stay up at the expense of Northampton,the first time i saw Brighton at E.P. you had a player called Andy Burgin at full back,many moons ago:ohmy:: We have sold 750 so far ,hopefully should sell the rest this week and make for a cracking atmosphere. Mcnulty and Dicker will be good signings for you,Gannon has a lot of respect for Brighton and Dick Knight and i am sure he would have taken the Brighton job if we hadnt been in the mess we are.After Leeds and possibly Leicester you are by far the biggest club in this division,lets hope the sun shines for you come 4.50 on Saturday :thumbsup:

I hope it starts shining alot longer than that because we will all get WET!

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.
well seen as though you have nothing to play for and we do ,
and you manager likes us maybe he would do us a favour .
i know you have to travel down but we wanna be in league 1 next year :albion2:

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
Hi Guys,

Stockport fan here,looking forward to Saturdays game now that we are safe. We are expecting administration any day now which will mean a points deduction next season Surprised to see you struggling as you looked a decent side at E.P.Hope you stay up at the expense of Northampton,the first time i saw Brighton at E.P. you had a player called Andy Burgin at full back,many moons ago:ohmy:: We have sold 750 so far ,hopefully should sell the rest this week and make for a cracking atmosphere. Mcnulty and Dicker will be good signings for you,Gannon has a lot of respect for Brighton and Dick Knight and i am sure he would have taken the Brighton job if we hadnt been in the mess we are.After Leeds and possibly Leicester you are by far the biggest club in this division,lets hope the sun shines for you come 4.50 on Saturday :thumbsup:

Cheers! Thanks for the compliments and let's hope it's a party atmosphere all round the ground come 5pm (your dreaming if you think it'll be over as early as 4.50!...our games usually drag on til just before MoTD! ;)

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
That might have been true if we'd still had a ground that could squeeze in 35,000 (and often got 15 to 20,000) - the last few years we've been a small club punching above our weight.

Just hoping that the crowds do come back when we move into Falmer - but I suspect that will be an uphill struggle, I'm afraid.

Not sure about that, looking at how many have jumped on the Stockers match bandwagon!!!!

(By the way GT49er, where have you been on 'the other' board?! We've missed you!!!)

cheadleender

Apr 27, 2009
Yes we still sing about Captain Beefheart,he died about 4 years ago. He was a legengd and lived in Buxton,we have a day out in Marple every year on the anniversary of his death:cheers:: Good result from sixfields tonight,Cobblers will go down:yahoo:

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Hi Guys,

Cheers mate.
Squeaky bum time on saturday though
If you do go into admin won't the 10 points be deducted this season though which means you'd have 50 and still be in danger - well I thought that that's what they said on sky sports last saturday.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Hi Guys,

Cheers! Good luck to you too (except on Saturday!) Don't know about any Andy Burgin, though - somebody in a later post suggested he played for us around 1966, but he definitely didn't. I've checked the list of all our players up to 1979, and he ain't on it - sorry. An Angy Burgin did play in blue and white stripes around that time though - but not for us - http://adrianbullock.com/swfc/stats/play0085.htm

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here