Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Saturday Night Boxing - Eubank Jr Vs Blackwell

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
Something to do with the contract they had with Matchroom with it not being met.

Matchroom lost the purse bid for the british title fight which Eubank was mandatory for, there was then the option for them to terminate their contract with matchroom and fight Blackwell which they took.

The thing is they were also mandatory to fight Daniel Jacobs for the world title so had they stayed with matchroom Hearn probably would have secured him a world title fight either against Jacobs or with Billy Joe Saunders. As it is the British title seems like a step back.

The problem is that the Eubanks buy in to their own hype and think they can sell regardless of what promoter they are with with is rubbish, there are still tickets available for Saturdays fight and I think they only have half the arena open.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Matchroom lost the purse bid for the british title fight which Eubank was mandatory for, there was then the option for them to terminate their contract with matchroom and fight Blackwell which they took.

The thing is they were also mandatory to fight Daniel Jacobs for the world title so had they stayed with matchroom Hearn probably would have secured him a world title fight either against Jacobs or with Billy Joe Saunders. As it is the British title seems like a step back.

The problem is that the Eubanks buy in to their own hype and think they can sell regardless of what promoter they are with with is rubbish, there are still tickets available for Saturdays fight and I think they only have half the arena open.

Hearn could never have got a fight for Eubank against Saunders as Warren has him wrapped up tight and Brook has sold even fewer tickets for his World Title match tomorrow, Hennessy and Eubank will be laughing as the C5 money will more than cover their outlay whilst Brook fights to no interest at all on SKY

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control

They are claiming that the British title means a lot to them as CEJ wants to emulate Senior. But they also claimed that interim title CEJ won was really important.

Was funny seeing Senior banging on about respect and being gentlemen when he turns up two hours late and refuses press interviews.

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
Hearn could never have got a fight for Eubank against Saunders as Warren has him wrapped up tight and Brook has sold even fewer tickets for his World Title match tomorrow, Hennessy and Eubank will be laughing as the C5 money will more than cover their outlay whilst Brook fights to no interest at all on SKY

Warren wants the Eubank fight as it's the only money spinning fight out there that Saunders has a chance of winning. Saunders vs Eubank 2 has been on the table a few times, the first time the Eubanks wouldn't relinquish his interim title, a bit ridiculous as he has now turned down his mandatory for the WBA anyway and then more recently Warren said that he had made a further offer to the Eubanks to fight Saunders instead of Blackwell.

Brook is fighting a IBF mandatory nobody tomorrow and he has never sold tickets. He desperately needed that Amir Khan fight to build his profile.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
They are claiming that the British title means a lot to them as CEJ wants to emulate Senior. But they also claimed that interim title CEJ won was really important.

Not really. Tbh the total opposite.

Jr wants to distance himself from his Dad's career, and the best way to do that is win the belts that his Dad never did.
Hence 'going backwards' and picking up the British Middleweight Title, checking a box in his own career that his Dad never did.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Not really. Tbh the total opposite.

Jr wants to distance himself from his Dad's career, and the best way to do that is win the belts that his Dad never did.
Hence 'going backwards' and picking up the British Middleweight Title, checking a box in his own career that his Dad never did.

Nothing with getting outclassed by higher level boxers then?

Didn't he say he could beat triple G?

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Nothing with getting outclassed by higher level boxers then?

Didn't he say he could beat triple G?

I don't understand your question.

Regarding Golovkin, I think it was all talk in order to get on his radar.
Jr said multiple times that he's 18-24 months away from being ready for that fight (as of 6 months ago).

I'm more interested in the rumoured fight between Mayweather and GGG.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
I don't understand your question.

Regarding Golovkin, I think it was all talk in order to get on his radar.
Jr said multiple times that he's 18-24 months away from being ready for that fight (as of 6 months ago).

He get's the chance of a world title fight but chooses the British title against Nick Blackwell.

6 months my arse. You seem to believe everything the Eubanks claim/say. Take my advice, don't.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Looking forward to this. Fair play to CH5 which seems to have considerably upped its game recently. Not that that would be particularly hard from what it used to serve up as standard.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
He get's the chance of a world title fight but chooses the British title against Nick Blackwell.

6 months my arse. You seem to believe everything the Eubanks claim/say. Take my advice, don't.

Jr wants the British belt as his dad never got it.
Yes he's dropped down a level but see the point above.
He probably mentioned GGG to get on his radar or get people talking, who really knows.
His Dad bigged it up.
Jr played it down by saying he's a couple of years away.

That's all there is to it imo.

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
Although the Eubanks denied it I am guessing there is some truth to the rumour that Adam booth has left them as trainer as I have not seen him at all in the build up to this fight. If it is true lets hope the corner isn't as chaotic as it was for the Saunders fight!

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Although the Eubanks denied it I am guessing there is some truth to the rumour that Adam booth has left them as trainer as I have not seen him at all in the build up to this fight. If it is true lets hope the corner isn't as chaotic as it was for the Saunders fight!

They denied it in the press conference but Snr was interviewed the other day and pretty much confirmed it, in a long-winded cringeworthy way.

Can't imagine it would have done any good for Jr in preparation for this fight.

http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/14383483.Eubank_is__a_wild_horse_who_can_t_be_tamed_/

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
They denied it in the press conference but Snr was interviewed the other day and pretty much confirmed it, in a long-winded cringeworthy way.

Can't imagine it would have done any good for Jr in preparation for this fight.

http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/14383483.Eubank_is__a_wild_horse_who_can_t_be_tamed_/

Seriously, what is Eubank going on about, he is off his rocker! Frightening prospect with Snr and Ronnie Davies back in charge, Davies used to be a good trainer but he's well past it now and just seems like a yes man with little input.

I genuinely do think Eubank Junior is a tremendous talent but they need to have someone external involved to bring the team back to earth a bit or this is a train wreck waiting to happen!

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Seriously, what is Eubank going on about, he is off his rocker! Frightening prospect with Snr and Ronnie Davies back in charge, Davies used to be a good trainer but he's well past it now and just seems like a yes man with little input.

I genuinely do think Eubank Junior is a tremendous talent but they need to have someone external involved to bring the team back to earth a bit or this is a train wreck waiting to happen!

100%
Just seems that the Eubanks are impossible to work with based on all of the stories.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Booth walked out of gym at least once due to arguing with Snr. Ronnie's comment yesterday, that they haven't changed anything in training for tonight's fight and that they will simply be relying on Jr's natural ability, is ominous given that BJS beat Jr because he boxed to orders, which Gary Lockett says Blackwell will also do (although he may not have the talent to benefit from it.) Snr, on the basis of that report, is going to advise Jr to win more rounds if he is being outmanoeuvred when he moves up. You might worry less if Jr had one-punch knockout power, but he hasn't shown that against either of his strongest opponents.

They all need to read The Art of War and then just pay Booth or McGuigan whatever they want. Jr and Davies are the ones being sold short by this mismanagement.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
I'll be very surprised if you see Adam Booth in the corner with Eubank again. Senior is the problem. Chris has enough ability to win a world title, but needs to pull his head out of his own arse.

I've sparred both these guys, whilst Blackwell is no mug, Eubank should have enough to win this. I think Blackwell will get retired from his corner after 8/9 rounds. The uppercuts will be key for Eubank.

However, with the whole Booth saga, Eubank's corner could be a mess with Senior taking the lead. Blackwell will need to use his jab and footwork and will need to start a lot better than he normally does, but if he is smart he could take it.

But I'll stick with my first prediction - Eubank rounds 8 or 9.

Had Booth been around I wouldn't give Blackwell a chance.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here