Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Saturday 3pm kick-offs at the Amex

rrruss

Wandering Seagull
One down, 16 left. Norwich on Easter Saturday now on Good Friday!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Amazed to see that we have two games scheduled in three days at the end of December. home to Reading on boxing day, then away to Fulham on the 28th.
Not too many years ago there was always games on Good Friday Easter Saturday and Easter Mondayso 3 games in 4 days which usually sorted out the promotion candidates. Also in thd 50s it was a game Christmas Day usually 11.00am kick off Boxing Day and then dither New Years Day or the next Saturday so the players are well off now

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Good Friday is not a great deal of difference from a saturday: day off, day off the next day and similar level of service on the buses/trains.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Sorry must disagree it was Sunday service this year on the buses from H H so only the 40x was running to Brighton every 2.5 hours. Not sure about the trains as I use the bus with my pass?

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Sorry must disagree it was Sunday service this year on the buses from H H so only the 40x was running to Brighton every 2.5 hours. Not sure about the trains as I use the bus with my pass?

Fair enough, that might be the case on the buses. Definitely a saturday service on the railways though.

Joe Gatting's Dad

Feb 10, 2007
Way out west
Last season, most Championship games were played on the Good Friday afternoon. Helps the team to travel on Sunday to Rotherham away, so that they have the Saturday to relax and recover.

A couple of years ago, Gus also managed to get the Monday game played on Tuesday night for this reason and caused a lot of moans from those teams playing Saturday/Monday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here