Saturday. 3:02pm.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I'm glad we don't a f***ing stupid huddle anymore, made us look like a right bunch of cunts.

I used to actively encourage this with Juniors team when manager as it always managed to wind up the opposition.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I liked the time someone (Reading?) did it against us and we faced them off by all lining up on the half way line.

And we were cheated out of a win as well that day, still we won the league anyway

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
I liked the time someone (Reading?) did it against us and we faced them off by all lining up on the half way line.
Yes, yes,yes. It was against Reading at their place.
It looked IMMENSE.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I bloody hate this practice if you aren't in the right frame of mind the moment you leave the dugout you manager hasn't done his job and you look like a right bunch of wet wipes.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
If any twunts do a huddle and keep our lads waiting, I reckon we should do the HAKA for no apparent reason as soon as they've taken their positions.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
It would be just the best thing ever if some referee somewhere dared to blow the whistle while the opposition was still giving big hugs to each other. That referee would be an instant worldwide legend.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
There is no reason whatsoever why a referee can't just blow his whistle, so long as the opponents are in their own half & not inside the circle.

Some day an official is going to have the balls to do it, leaving a whining bastard like Bruce, Davies or Holloway squealing about how grossly unfair and unsporting it was (never mind how unsporting making your opponents wait is).

I will applaud that day, I really will.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Wasn't there some GB hockey match last year when the opposition were allowed to start even though all the GB players weren't yet on the pitch? I think they scored a goal too. Football definitely needs to embrace that approach.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The big gay pre-match huddle is as embarrassing as the shag-the-corner-flag goal celebration. It might look good in real-time, but if you end up getting beat, you just look a right twat on the highlights.

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003

That's good. As would be leaving our half and encircling their huddle.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
seagull 1989

I don;t think the fact the goalie is not in his area makes any difference whatsoever.

Dunk

Jul 27, 2011
Lewes
We missed out on a half time beer (apparently they stop serving at 4.00) by seconds. That bloody huddle was to blame wasn't it!

Should book them all for time-wasting. Bastards.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports