Sat next to

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

MACROBLUE

Jul 9, 2011
Sat next to a Liverpool supporter down here on business yesterday. He thought the stadium was great and ready for the Prem. His only negative was the lack of what he called a club anthem. I told him that GOSBTS was our anthem but he questioned why it wasn't sung loudly and passionately by the whole crowd during the match. He certainly wasn't impressed by the 'we are the north stand ' etc and thought that was lower league stuff. Decent bloke though and thought we will be in the Prem very soon, and not gone unoticed on merseyside.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
The Leeds fan that I've taken a few times says the same about the stand singing. Mentioned in his blog that got a bit of an airing on here a few weeks back.

Bloody loves the stadium, football style and beer though!

Thought the atmosphere was good yesterday despite Brum fans being very poor

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
The stand song annoys me.

None of the old songs sung from days gone by get sung anymore. Just attempts at signing about what stand you are in. I guess times haved moved on, but I'll always remain old school it seems.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
None of the old songs sung from days gone by get sung anymore. Just attempts at signing about what stand you are in. I guess times haved moved on, but I'll always remain old school it seems.

I get annoyed that the songs are about the fans and not the club or the players. It's all so... 'look at me' and it's often a distraction from the game.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
He certainly wasn't impressed by the 'we are the north stand ' etc and thought that was lower league stuff.

I've never really understood the point of that song, perhaps the overall atmosphere would be further improved if it was dropped and time actually spent singing about the game and supporting the team vocally rather than singing at each other for no particular reason? :shrug:

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010

This too.

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
I get annoyed that the songs are about the fans and not the club or the players. It's all so... 'look at me' and it's often a distraction from the game.

tbh I get annoyed with people moaning on here about songs - sing and join in or dont - or start another one?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
The Stand song? well love it or hate it,easy to sing and generates a lot of volume...

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
He thought it was lower league stuff!

Pretencious knob.

Don't be too harsh,he might find out sooner rather than later given their start to the season :lolol:

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
So this scouser comes down to the game and then sits telling you how Brighton are a bit two bob because we don't have a Fields of Anfield road" or "scouser tommy" style song?

I would have told him to stick it up his bin dipping arse.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
e certainly wasn't impressed by the 'we are the north stand ' etc and thought that was lower league stuff. Decent bloke though and thought we will be in the Prem very soon, and not gone unoticed on merseyside.

Didn't know Spurs are a lower league team. When did Lolopool last finish above them? They sing this song too.

Jack Daniels

Aug 25, 2011
Buggers Hole
Sat next to a Liverpool supporter down here on business yesterday. He thought the stadium was great and ready for the Prem. His only negative was the lack of what he called a club anthem. I told him that GOSBTS was our anthem but he questioned why it wasn't sung loudly and passionately by the whole crowd during the match. He certainly wasn't impressed by the 'we are the north stand ' etc and thought that was lower league stuff. Decent bloke though and thought we will be in the Prem very soon, and not gone unoticed on merseyside.

Good friends with an anfield reg myself. I really like their attitude to songs sung at the ground and the way their triditional support tries to maintain the integrity. The problem we have is only 5000-8000 fans know and understand the significance of GOSBTS. The rest like songs they have seen on TV sung by other teams.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports