Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] SAS ‘Death Squad’

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
The MOD have issued a statement saying that the matter was investigated fully and the BBC are jumping to unjustified conclusions.
Typical BBC
8fd6acddc95b53883f5589d807886946.jpg

Sent from my CPH2195 using Tapatalk

Well they would say that, wouldn’t they?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I'm amazed anyone would think this?!

Well....I admit that the sword of truth has been somewhat blunted in recent times, and the trusty shield of British fair play has taken a bit of a battering, but still.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
So you're in favour of state-sponsored summary execution then? Nice.

I don't see their specific deaths (the 3 IRA) much different to confirmed ISIS terrorists on their way somewhere suspected to be wearing a suicide vest.... and shot dead when approached based on their responses.

Last edited:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Well....I admit that the sword of truth has been somewhat blunted in recent times, and the trusty shield of British fair play has taken a bit of a battering, but still.

I don't think anyone outside of Britain shares the narrative about your high moral ground and fair play.

Similar to how people outside of the US believes it is the greatest country on earth, or how any asylum seekers in Sweden buy our "humanitarian superpower" crap.

Every country paints a picture of itself as having better morale and ethics than other countries. It is nationalism. And in every country plenty of people buy it.

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
This Piers Morgan you mean !!!
6c536c84644760b131f8eea7149695af.jpg

Once a dead teenager phone hacking, mocked up soldier smearing ****, always a dead teenager phone hacking, mocked up soldier smearing ****.

Not a lot to do with this thread though :shrug:

I think I'll watch the programme before I comment (other than the dead teenager phone hacking, mocked up soldier smearing **** above, which I think is beyond any debate).

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I don't think anyone outside of Britain shares the narrative about your high moral ground and fair play.

You think the UK and all other nations would engage in maximum carnage for the smallest gain if it thought it could get away with it? I disagree.

You are also conflating my first post (moral high ground) with my later post, a deliberate quote from disgraced (and then rehabilitated) MP Jonathan Aitken, defending himself against the Guardian newspaper with, what turned out to be, a load of old bollocks. You're probably too young and foreign to know about that.

Look, I appreciate there is a sliding scale, and even I can imagine that the SAS are trained to shoot first and ask questions later, and I have some sympathy that prioritizing the safe capture and containment of a suicide bomber is not necessarily the best field strategy. However, if the allegations are correct, and there was effectively a death squad targetting a broad demographic, that would be bad.

I'm sure you wouldn't be very happy if the Swedish government, or elements of the security services had no qualms about terminating you, in the unlikely event that it decided it was in its best interest. And I suspect you'd soon forget about campaigning against 5G and deep state cover ups if you discovered that you were genuinely in mortal peril.

Anyway, as I have said repeatedly, until we have seen the programme this is all conjecture (and it may still be conjecture after we've seen the programme).

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I don't see their specific deaths much different to confirmed ISIS terrorists on their way somewhere suspected to be wearing a suicide vest.... and shot dead when approached based on their responses.

To me, that would be different.

herecomesaregular

Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
To me, that would be different.

Fair enough, I'm not saying I'm right. I just don't have much sympathy for 3 IRA who made a journey to Gibraltar specifically to plant a car bomb (this info isn't disputed) and who were killed, while unarmed, before doing so. I do have much sympathy for Afghanis suspected, based on much vaguer intelligence, of being shot while unarmed and captured already.

wuntbedruv

Imagine
Mar 18, 2022
North West Sussex
Not sure of the relevance of the comparison tbh. The 3 killed in Gibraltar were confirmed as IRA and confirmed as planning a bombing. The fact that when they were actually killed they were unarmed at that moment and their bomb making bits n bobs were in another of their cars? Shame.

The consequences of a shoot to kill policy can bite you on the arse in totally unexpected ways, the funeral of those 3 IRA guys was attacked by Michael Stone who long has claimed he was working for the UK government.

The funeral of those he murdered was the funeral that 2 "Signals Engineers" blundered into.

Who who has seen that footage can forget the brutality those Soldiers endured. Knowing as we do now that the event was watched but not prevented by troop carrying Helicopters hovering overhead.Troops who assumed the prisoners were loyalists friends of Stone.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The MOD have issued a statement saying that the matter was investigated fully and the BBC are jumping to unjustified conclusions.
Typical BBC
8fd6acddc95b53883f5589d807886946.jpg

To be fair, in the history of being found out, this is a very common initial response.

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
If, as a politician, you send people into conflict, don't expect everyone involved to act politely and follow the rules.

Given the current government’s propensity to break, amongst many things, their own laws, international law and refugee convention you are correct, sadly we don’t expect.

herecomesaregular

Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
The consequences of a shoot to kill policy can bite you on the arse in totally unexpected ways, the funeral of those 3 IRA guys was attacked by Michael Stone who long has claimed he was working for the UK government.

The funeral of those he murdered was the funeral that 2 "Signals Engineers" blundered into.

Who who has seen that footage can forget the brutality those Soldiers endured. Knowing as we do now that the event was watched but not prevented by troop carrying Helicopters hovering overhead.Troops who assumed the prisoners were loyalists friends of Stone.

Very true. A peaceful conclusion to an Irish problem created entirely by English manipulation and corruption would be much preferable.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

There was no shoot to kill policy of the bombers in Gibraltar.

The ECHR and EJR after meticulous a commission and then a court case were only critical of management on the operation and training,

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
Once a dead teenager phone hacking, mocked up soldier smearing ****, always a dead teenager phone hacking, mocked up soldier smearing ****.

Not a lot to do with this thread though :shrug:

I think I'll watch the programme before I comment (other than the dead teenager phone hacking, mocked up soldier smearing **** above, which I think is beyond any debate).
It's a lot to do with this thread as the BBC MAY be doing the same thing except it's on the big screen instead of a newspaper .

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
It should be exposed and punished and as stated by someone else on this thread Panorama are normally very objective, so hopefully this will be a balanced report and not more finger pointing and shit stirring. The very nature of what the SAS do means I am sure they sometimes over step the mark most consider reasonable but those who shout the loudest are seldom the people whose lives are at risk :shrug:

If you weren't there how do you know the full story?

I’m sorry.

Panorama objective???

Are you kidding me? This will be a totally one sided programme based on a series of allegations and on the premise of guilty till proven innocent. These type of programmes are hatchet jobs - see the post about Michael O’Leary above.

I have no idea if there’s case to answer but suggesting this programme will provide a balanced view is just rubbish.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I’m sorry.

Panorama objective???

Are you kidding me? This will be a totally one sided programme based on a series of allegations and on the premise of guilty till proven innocent. These type of programmes are hatchet jobs - see the post about Michael O’Leary above.

I have no idea if there’s case to answer but suggesting this programme will provide a balanced view is just rubbish.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I’ll get back to you once I’ve seen it. Hope Stacey Dooley isn’t involved :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here