Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Sandro Schärer

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
only fair that i post this thread after rightly critiquing taylor’s performance on saturday. for the most part, he was excellent. kept control, allowed the game to flow and there was nothing horrendous. a couple of dodgy fouls, obviously made a mistake with the penalty and that challenge on ferg could’ve been a red realistically, but those happen, and none of them were howlers per se.

for the vast majority of the game, he was a mile away from the clowns we have to deal with, week in, week out, in the so called best league in the world

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Under extreme pressure, he did a very good job. VAR really should have intervened on the elbow, not his fault, but very obvious straight red.
Totally right. If we have to endure VAR it is so that those things can be dealt with. Ref couldn't have seen it. Lino surely should have seen it though?

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Why did VAR not get involved in that? Clearly the ref was unsighted. Is that not where they should be stepping in?
That defender had a very strange ten minutes or so where he seemed intent on killing someone.

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
only fair that i post this thread after rightly critiquing taylor’s performance on saturday. for the most part, he was excellent. kept control, allowed the game to flow and there was nothing horrendous. a couple of dodgy fouls, obviously made a mistake with the penalty and that challenge on ferg could’ve been a red realistically, but those happen, and none of them were howlers per se.

for the vast majority of the game, he was a mile away from the clowns we have to deal with, week in, week out, in the so called best league in the world
It's quite astounding how much better most of the UEFA refs are than the so-called best Premier League refs. Something has gone seriously wrong with the training of referees in England.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
I would honestly be very seriously embarrassed if a critical game between a French team and a Greek team emerged, and Anthony Taylor was assigned to manage it. I would be embarrassed for my country, for the UK, for Taylor, for the PGMOL, for the sport, for the profession, for everyone. He is just a million light years away from even being remotely competent.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
Don’t understand the praise for the ref. Missed a very obvious penalty. Thankfully VAR didn’t.
from my perspective, the challenge committed from behind pedro as he was bearing down on goal, very much obscured by the defender’s body. unless he had x-ray vision, the was no way he was going to see that, through the AEK player’s silhouette. that’s what VAR is for

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
It's quite astounding how much better most of the UEFA refs are than the so-called best Premier League refs. Something has gone seriously wrong with the training of referees in England.
You do realise that Anthony Taylor ref'd the Feyenoord - Atleti Champions League game on Tuesday...?

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
You do realise that Anthony Taylor ref'd the Feyenoord - Atleti Champions League game on Tuesday...?
I am, of course, aware that Taylor is a UEFA referee but my point stands that the average quality of the refs in the Premier League is just not up to what it should be.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here