Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Sander Berge

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
www.skysports.com/amp/football/news...ited-back-in-for-genk-midfielder-sander-berge

It would be somewhat disappointing to miss out on Berge AND Soucek!

Especially since we supposedly sent a manager led negotiating team to Prague.

I think it’s well worth trying to tempt Berge still, despite the Sheff Utd interest.
I'm finding this double disappointment with Soucek and Berge seemingly being snapped up elsewhere worse than being short of strikers !

Our central midfield desperately needs an overhaul.

Although Glen Kamara could still be available. I wonder if we will actually bid ?

Last edited:

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Dreadfully disappointing to miss out on Berge, but I only say that as I know we’ve tracked him for a while.

However we saw him in the Champions League this season. And while granted it was high level opposition he was virtually anonymous. So perhaps we have moved our sights elsewhere.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
BREAKING: Manchester United are on the verge of signing Norwegian centre-midfielder Sander Berge. He's at Carrington for a medical. (Source: Evening Standard)

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
We haven’t any money to spend is it not fairly obvious ???
Which is why a £20 million player like Berge is a pipe dream this January.

We need the incoming Knockaert, Locadia etc. money in the summer for that sort of signing.

But I'm not sure that a loan and/or a £5 million player can be ruled out just yet.

SeagullCrow

May 9, 2008
£17 million for a player of his calibre is an absolute steal. I'm actually quite gutted that we didn't try to get him in this window, as I think he could have been a really important player for us.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
£17 million for a player of his calibre is an absolute steal. I'm actually quite gutted that we didn't try to get him in this window, as I think he could have been a really important player for us.

Because the reasons he turned us and Sheff Utd in the summer are still relevant to us.

No point going back if he isn’t interested.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Although he does appear to be interested in Sheffield United now.

Yes because they aren’t in a relegation battle.

The reason he didn’t want to come to either of us in the summer.

We are in one ... they aren’t ... hence he now is interested in going there. I’m sure if our positions were reversed and we were top half he would be interested in coming here.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
We haven’t any money to spend is it not fairly obvious ???

How is that possible with the guaranteed huge PL income each year tho?

I’m not saying you’re wrong, but are we really running at a loss with all the PL riches we get? It doesn’t make sense.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
How is that possible with the guaranteed huge PL income each year tho?

I’m not saying you’re wrong, but are we really running at a loss with all the PL riches we get? It doesn’t make sense.
£20 million loss in the last figures.

Should be mostly covered by the loan-to-buy Knockaert and Locadia sale fees in the summer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here