Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sandaza

D

Deleted member 18477

He sent us top last season which really kick started the promotion campaign. He also scored against Pompey who I hate! I will love fran forever!

KLUNK

Mar 30, 2010
East Sussex
is the correct answer. It's no coincidence that we also had Steve Thompson come down here with a big reputation from the SPL, appear quite a few times without ever performing and then return to the SPL where he is once again great. The SPL looks like a couple of championship sides, a couple of L1 sides, a few L2 sides and the rest conference.

Agree with this,on the whole. Andy Dorman is another example.
I have a mate who lives near Paisley,& he says the free-scoring midfielder was a decent player loved by St Mirren fans. He moves down south to C*ystal P*lace and it doesn't work out for him,soon finds himself in the reserve side & is currently on loan to Bristol Rovers.
And as Spiros points out,Thomson magically begins to play well again north of the border for St Mirren,just as he did for Falkirk before we bought him.
Odd that...

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
is the correct answer. It's no coincidence that we also had Steve Thompson come down here with a big reputation from the SPL, appear quite a few times without ever performing and then return to the SPL where he is once again great. The SPL looks like a couple of championship sides, a couple of L1 sides, a few L2 sides and the rest conference.

I hear this argument trotted out quite a bit, but in my opinion:

a) Thomson wasn't bad at all when he played for us. Not amazing, but not bad at all.
b) He doesn't even start for St Mirren, he certainly isn't "great"

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I hear this argument trotted out quite a bit, but in my opinion:

a) Thomson wasn't bad at all when he played for us. Not amazing, but not bad at all.
b) He doesn't even start for St Mirren, he certainly isn't "great"
You'll do anything to make the MTL seem relevant.

a) Thomson was toilet for us. He had a handful of good games and that was it. He played 37 times for us in one calendar year and didn't score once.
b) Oh FFS! How come he's played 79 games and scored ten goals for them then?

Beat me to it. Just shows that Scottish football should be ignored by the BBC.
This! Certainly we shouldn't need to hear about it in England and Wales. It is a joke.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
You'll do anything to make the MTL seem relevant.

a) Thomson was toilet for us. He had a handful of good games and that was it. He played 37 times for us in one calendar year and didn't score once.

Nothing to do with Scotland - I stuck up for him a lot when he was here. He was a defensive midfielder, passed the ball accurately, won a lot of tackles. Bridcutt has only scored 2, does that make him shit? (Also, remember he did actually put a screamer in the net which was strangely disallowed cos Adam El-Abd had wandered offside as he hit it).

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Anyone who saw FS play knows he lacks a lot of basic skill. Couldn't head the ball, couldn't hold it up and didn't really have any pace. He got a few goals coming on as sub but I think they were all from about 6 yrds. Ok being a goal hanger in the school playground but in the big leagues, the strikers need to do a lot more work. Good luck to him but he is still basically a crap footballer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here