Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Sanchez to be sold for £20m ?

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
May I offer an explanation of how things work round here?

1. Our player is shitehouse. The board is clueless.
2. Get rid.
3. Our player has a couple of decent games and other clubs take interest.
4. If the club lets our player go for less than (insert ludicrous sum) the board is useless.
5. Our player has a couple of poor games.
6. Get rid. The board is useless.
7. Rinse and repeat.

Perfect description of 5 minutes in NSC world. If our form hadn't dipped, mostly in my opinion down to loss of Webster rather than Burn, the amount we got for a 30 year old would be hailed as a great deal.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Also, albeit when times were very different, the Albion has so much previous in selling/losing key players cheaply. Zamora - £1.5m. Murray - free. Barnes - c. £500k. There are dozens more examples.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Also, albeit when times were very different, the Albion has so much previous in selling/losing key players cheaply. Zamora - £1.5m. Murray - free. Barnes - c. £500k. There are dozens more examples.

Dozens Mr Hindsight?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Oh I hope not, it’s a position we can’t really cover at the moment. Steele is ok but not for a complete season, the young lads coming through are promising but still learning.

If we do decide to sell him, or if he demands that he leaves, then we’ll need to look outside the existing squad to replace him. I wouldn’t be gutted if he went (like I was with Zamora and Barnes) but I’m guessing that we’d have to spent a good chunk, if not all, of the transfer fee to replace him if £20m is correct.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Nogan £90,000 :eek:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Ok he may have had a good season or a bad one, up for debate. He may be the future or not. You may want another keeper, or not. Maybe he is overrated, maybe he is great. Maybe he will be sold, maybe not.

But he is not leaving this summer to a rival club for £20m. It doesnt happen.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Will we sell him? Maybe.

Will we sell him to Newcastle? Unlikely.

Will we sell him to Newcastle for £20m? Hell no.

The only way this happens is if the club is well and truly on it's financial uppers and desperate for cash to keep functioning. I don't get that vibe, and if we were in that position Ashworth would also be sniffing around Webster, Moder, Trossard, Lamptey for low-ball offers as well.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Nogan £90,000 :eek:

I don't think it's really fair to compare the pre-Knight era with the current regime, which certainly seems to get good prices for all players we sell and won't be bullied. The way we conducted ourselves with Burnley trying to get Stephens for 2m at the start of the 2016 summer window and then turning their last-minute 8m offer down as it was too late for us to get a replacement is a good example.

Last edited:

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
We have bought a big Dutchman for replacement haven’t we?

Otherwise what was the point.

You are forgetting the club policy of helping lower clubs.
We only buy players so that they can be loaned out to other clubs these days.

(I really hope that I am wrong and we have a few of the recent signings in our first team squad next season.)

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Sanchez who has recently replaced David DeGea in the Spain squad won't be leaving Brighton for Newcastle for just £20m this summer.

He will be on the radar of plenty of bigger premier league sides who will see his potential and know that for a top side you buy a goalkeeper who is first team ready not one you have to still develop. I cannot see him taking the number 1 spot at Man City, Liverpool, Man Utd, Chelsea or Arsenal this summer. We would sell if the offer was irresistible to us.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
May I offer an explanation of how things work round here?

1. Our player is shitehouse. The board is clueless.
2. Get rid.
3. Our player has a couple of decent games and other clubs take interest.
4. If the club lets our player go for less than (insert ludicrous sum) the board is useless.
5. Our player has a couple of poor games.
6. Get rid. The board is useless.
7. Rinse and repeat.

8. Discuss subject one day..next day start new thread repeat everything said on previous thread :moo:

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Arsenal paid over £25m for Ramsdale to a team that had to sell because of relegation. If journalists insist on making up pointless transfer stories, I wish they would accompany them with a modicum of awareness of the market.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Newcastle are going to be linked with so many players this summer. No point giving these articles your attention at this point.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
If we could get Henderson then I would say yes. Might sound outlandish but he wants away and how many teams above us would he walk into 1st choice at?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
If Sanchez goes, I would expect it to be to one of the top Spanish clubs for guaranteed European football and to enhance his chances of becoming a starter for Spain,

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here