Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Sanchez new deal

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Good news.

Our contract situation with the players is generally fine but I'd like to see Mac Allister, Webster and Bissouma particularly on longer deals.

I assume Groß has indicated he'll be off on a free in summer 2022 after his 5 years is up - that's a guess - but I'd also dearly love him to get a new deal.

Izquierdo
Walton*(+1 year option)
Welbeck*

Ryan
Bernardo
March*(+1)
Groß
Locadia
Băluţă
Yapi(+1)
Tau

Duffy*
Burn*
Bissouma
Trossard
Webster*
Maupay
Jahanbakhsh
Andone
Clarke*
Mac Allister
Prӧpper
Molumby*
Lallana*
Veltman
Steele*

Alzate*
Connolly*
Zeqiri
Karbownik
White*

Moder
Dunk*
Lamptey*
Caicedo
Sanchez*

* HGP

Last edited:

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Good news.

Our contract situation with the players is generally fine but I'd like to see Mac Allister, Webster and Bissouma particularly on longer deals.

I assume Groß has indicated he'll be off on a free in summer 2022 after his 5 years is up - that's a guess - but I'd also dearly love him to get a new deal.

Izquierdo
Walton*(+1 year option)
Welbeck*

Ryan
Bernardo
March*(+1)
Groß
Locadia
Băluţă
Yapi(+1)
Tau

Duffy*
Burn*
Bissouma
Trossard
Webster*
Maupay
Jahanbakhsh
Andone
Clarke*
Mac Allister
Prӧpper
Molumby*
Lallana*
Veltman
Steele*

Alzate*
Connolly*
Zeqiri
Karbownik
White*

Moder
Dunk*
Lamptey*
Caicedo
Sanchez*

* HGP

Dunk will have signed a new deal in the time it took you to write that.

I didn't realise that Lallana had signed playing terms for 3 seasons; I thought it was for 2 with pathway into coaching team afterwards.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Dunk will have signed a new deal in the time it took you to write that.

I didn't realise that Lallana had signed playing terms for 3 seasons; I thought it was for 2 with pathway into coaching team afterwards.

I reckon perhaps the 3rd year represents a drop in salary to reflect the player/coach role

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Good news.

Izquierdo
Walton*(+1 year option)
Welbeck*

Ryan
Bernardo
March*(+1)
Groß
Locadia
Băluţă
Yapi(+1)
Tau

Duffy*
Burn*
Bissouma
Trossard
Webster*
Maupay
Jahanbakhsh
Andone
Clarke*
Mac Allister
Prӧpper
Molumby*
Lallana*
Veltman
Steele*

Alzate*
Connolly*
Zeqiri
Karbownik
White*

Moder
Dunk*
Lamptey*
Caicedo
Sanchez*

* HGP
I agree, and I'd be amazed after the season they've had if Webster and Bissouma in particular don't have new contract offers on the table in the summer. If one of our main players is likely to be sold to help offset the deficit then it makes sense that we maximise the £££ we'd get for them by having them on longer contracts. The club are pretty proactive in offering new deals (e.g. Potter, Dunk, Sanchez, Lamptey) as soon as an assets "value" increases, so I suspect a few agents are licking their lips.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
I agree, and I'd be amazed after the season they've had if Webster and Bissouma in particular don't have new contract offers on the table in the summer. If one of our main players is likely to be sold to help offset the deficit then it makes sense that we maximise the £££ we'd get for them by having them on longer contracts. The club are pretty proactive in offering new deals (e.g. Potter, Dunk, Sanchez, Lamptey) as soon as an assets "value" increases, so I suspect a few agents are licking their lips.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

I suspect we've already offered Bissouma a new deal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here