Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

San Domenico Restaurant

Buttinhams

Be seeing you!
Apr 24, 2008
I've often wondered about this place. I pass it every day on the A3 going north, just before the Cobham turning. It's been empty for as long as I can remember - at least 25 years. It's maintained in good order, but why would anyone leave such a building empty for so long. Anybody know anything?

Attachments

• 296San_Domenico_1.jpg
    296San_Domenico_1.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 300

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
How weird. I was thinking about this place the other day. I used to pass it daily on my way to East Sheen and suffered a vehicular breakdown there once. Really creepy place and gave me the heebie jeebies.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Mm. Why the concrete barriers like it's some kind of airport that might get car bombed, rather than just a chain link fence and rusting 'Beware of the dog' sign like you'd expect to keep vandals and so on out?

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
is that the place on the left between the M25 junction and Brooklands (weybridge) junction on the A3??

if it is then an old boss of mine tried to buy it but had trouble with gaining an alcohol licence due to its location, not sure why as he was going to do something with that and the local golf club for weekend breaks and corporate hospitality etc..

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
That's the one, going north just before the Painshill junction for Cobham and Brooklands/Weybridge.

It's a weird one. I've driven past it most days for nearly five years, and in all that time you occasionally get some lorries parked in front but otherwise no activity at all, just looks derelict. Which is bizarre, because it could be a prime site for something commercial, even a decent roadside cafe would do OK.

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
The old Happy Eater/Little Chef on the a23 at Handcross Hill is similar, that has been empty now for about 7odd years !!!

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
The old Happy Eater/Little Chef on the a23 at Handcross Hill is similar, that has been empty now for about 7odd years !!!

Is it that long? I thought it was only a couple of years.

I often notice cars in that car park even though there are barriers across the access roads, I always think something dodgy is afoot when I see that. OB are often there as well waiting to pounce on the odd speeder.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country

Ahh the Happy Eater. Now that brings back memories....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here