Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Samsung Pay - NFC - E-Tickets - Google Pay

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Right, old geezer here.
I've got tickets to the Getafe game.
Parking is print@home.
How do I get my entrance ticket? I have an Android phone, 1 year old.

I was only given the option of a mobile ticket for parking which I've loaded onto my phone which I assume some steward will take 10 mins to check causing long queues!! First time it's hasn't been print at home for me. Are you sure it's not a mobile ticket?
Edit - sorry I thought you meant parking entrance ticket. Ignore my ramblings.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
The people that are worried about the security of online payment services, may want to be more concerned about how easy it it to get you card details with a £12 NFC scanner from eBay.

Yes - note*, this potential security flaw is only with physical cards, not with Google Pay / Samsung Pay / Apple Wallet etc., as they don't store your full card details on your phone.

* to others, not dadams2k11

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
They are just Android / Samsung phone versions of Apple Pay / Wallet. Clearly you have an iPhone so no need to worry.

My question is - do I need to set one of these up to get my season ticket and what about my son who can't set one up as he has no bank account ?

Yes you can have more than 1 ticket on your phone.

I have decided to do this for me and my wife to avoid having to change the default on both phones every game. Will be interesting to see how it works as there are two different security queues one male and one female so one of us will have to wait at the turnstile for the other. Modern technology eh :nono:

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Is it possible to buy a cheap 2nd hand phone for sole purpose of putting Albion ST on

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Initially grumbled like mad (yes, dear reader, even THPP has been known to grumble about stuff occasionally) about having to load Google Pay to go to the Man City game. But since then I have discovered that Google Pay interfaces effortlessly with the 'Spoons app. It's OFFICIAL: I am now Google Pay's biggest fan.

Google Pay :cheery: :cheery: :vuvu:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Boy do I wish for the days at the Goldstone when all I had was a raffle ticket like season ticket - rip out match 3, hand over - job done.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
No way am I giving Google my bloody card details.

You don't have to. The club are just asking you to store your match ticket in the wallet on your phone. In the same way you might store a boarding pass for a flight. No requirement to pay for anything.

I assume there will still be a back option for folk who don't have smart phones?

Also will 1901 members still be asked to wear those poxy lanyards?

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Boy do I wish for the days at the Goldstone when all I had was a raffle ticket like season ticket - rip out match 3, hand over - job done.

Understand what you mean but I have a theory this stuff keeps us young :)
Technology changes every 5 minutes and we exercise our minds keeping up with it. Modern life must be very confusing for those that have stopped keeping up. Even Ben’s Grandad made a decent effort.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Yes, but why?

Long story but have an uncle who lives on own and will not get a mobile phone. He does visit family some distance away often and they all say should get a phone even if only for when in car. At moment knows nothing about changes at Albion and before he does and gets a new card I am thinking of telling him has to have phone for Albion and then we have peace of mind he has a phone.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Long story but have an uncle who lives on own and will not get a mobile phone. He does visit family some distance away often and they all say should get a phone even if only for when in car. At moment knows nothing about changes at Albion and before he does and gets a new card I am thinking of telling him has to have phone for Albion and then we have peace of mind he has a phone.

Devious, but I like it!

Just make sure the phone has NFC. All iPhones since the iPhone 6 (2014 model!) have, and most Android phones since a similar time, but very cheap ones may still not, so beware!

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Devious, but I like it!

Just make sure the phone has NFC. All iPhones since the iPhone 6 (2014 model!) have, and most Android phones since a similar time, but very cheap ones may still not, so beware!

Thanks No way will he agree to 18m contract so will look for 2nd hand and pay as you go

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Devious, but I like it!

At the Man City game the NFC thing didn't work at all for me, ended up Gavin to show the QR code to the reader (that worked fine).

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
At the Man City game the NFC thing didn't work at all for me, ended up Gavin to show the QR code to the reader (that worked fine).

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Same here. The QR code did the trick but only after waving the godforsaken thing all around the reader but to no avail. Glad they've made something that was so simple so difficult.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Not knowing much about this stuff, will there be a problem if you change mobiles during the season, given that the detail says you can only download the ticket once to Google Pay on the mobile you will be using, so will your ST be lost or would it transfer across.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Right, old geezer here.
I've got tickets to the Getafe game.
Parking is print@home.
How do I get my entrance ticket? I have an Android phone, 1 year old.

Print off your parking because you will need to display it between your dashboard & windscreen.
Your match ticket will be sent to your phone.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here