Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sammi more annoyed with Buckley than Ward

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Sounds like Buckley didnt show his worth in training and Sami wasnt impressed. Obviously reading between the lines he either wasnt putting the effort in or was lacking skill wise - perhaps him leaving is actually for the best.

Had we actually had more players, this would have been more accepted, but it wont be - as we are looking more thin for numbers by the day.

All the press conference shows is why we had that odd decision to start Fenelon instead of Buckley, we understand now - he already had his bags packed

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Some people are clearly so desperate for there to be a conspiracy of some sort going on, that they will leap on any little factlet and assume it is bad news. Some astonishing reactions on this thread to something that turns out to be absolutely nothing of consequence. Extraordinary.

scwiffy

Jun 24, 2011
How 'revealing'!

TBH the Buckley departure doesn't bother me, shows flashes of class but no constancy and is always injured!

Its the lack of signings & replacements thats the real pain in the arse, and as other posters have said, doesn't help lure in new talent as we're not showing ambition.

Are we now a poor mans/championship equivalent Arsenal?? Good setup, quality stadium/facilities, lots of encouraging youth players, astute business model, wage structures, sell our top players, always challenge but never make the final hurdle, never win anything (okay some of these things have changed recently at Arsenal but you get the impression). Rather sadly, i think the above is exactly what the three Bs have planned and are happy with.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
To be fair based on his performances in Spain if Buckley is worth £2.5m Charlie Harris must be worth at least 10 times that - in hindsight he clearly caught a nasty case of Bridcuttitis

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Enough with the Burnley comparison. It's clutching at straws

But may well be true, yes its clutching at straws - as is saying Ward hasnt actually signed for Burnley yet so we do have a small chance - who knows, the Championship is incredibly unpredictable.

And for the comparison, we have an on paper average team like them last season, admittedly more thin on numbers, its only fair to compare.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I like this Finnish colossus, He will be getting a big cheer from me. He is a bloody winner and we need to give him our full support.

He does seem to have a cool head, and is laid back, but that's not to say he isn't hard working and wanting to succeed.

D

Deleted member 22389

So looking forward to meeting Sunderland in the Cup, please let it happen at the Amex.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Oh well if he wasn't interested in putting the effort in he can do one! Amazing what premier league interest does to players isn't it. I'm becoming pretty disillusioned with football on so many levels right now tbh.

Stuart Munday

Jul 6, 2003
Saltdean
Some people are clearly so desperate for there to be a conspiracy of some sort going on, that they will leap on any little factlet and assume it is bad news. Some astonishing reactions on this thread to something that turns out to be absolutely nothing of consequence. Extraordinary.

I think because there was an embargo until 12pm people thought something interesting might happen good or bad, but looking at Bozza's post there is always an embargo which few of us know beforehand.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Just heard our coach driver is the latest Albion departure, off to League 1 CRAWLEY. By all accounts he was deemed a bit of a LUXURY...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here