Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sami stays?

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Maybe we should persuade Sami to go home for Christmas and then hope some bad weather keeps him there until the end of march

Peter_Taylor

Dec 7, 2014
Storrington
I really hope this tweet of Naylors is bull. However, Chandlers (The only bookmaker running a book on next championship manager to leave his post) are offering a very generous even money (from 4/5 this morning) on Sami to be next out. Given all the factors, he should be about 1/20 imo!! The bookmakers are usually one step ahead and rarely get it wrong when laying odds. :(

That is worrying because we are third favourites for relegation!!!

http://www.betvictor.com/sports/en/...pons/982100/107099/499932800/0/0/PE/0/0/0/0/0

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
I spent a very enjoyable Friday evening at the Chequer Mead Arts Centre in East Grinstead, watching a Christmas concert given by the Irish Guards (it's a yearly concert to raise money for the Sussex branch of SSAFA). At first I was annoyed when my mother told me it was on Friday night. By Friday I was quite delighted to be going there instead of the Amex. I then watched that dross when I got home. On Boxing Day my aunt is desperate to have us over to join the rest of her family. I was using the Reading game as an excuse not to have to go, as I don't like those particular gatherings. Now, quite frankly, I am tempted to say I'm willing to go.

As for next season, if Hyypia is still there, that's it for me. I can't get to weekday games anyway, and getting match-by-match tickets for Saturday games should be pretty simple. My only reason for keeping the season ticket going this season is to see my mates, who mostly live on the South Coast, while I am in north Sussex or London. Yes, some might say "we don't need fans like you". Tough. I carried on being a STH after the McGhee relegation and even after a season of boredom from Wilkins. At that time, the club had a reason to be struggling. With the fabulous facilities we have there is no excuse for the situation we face, and it won't improve because Bloom and other board meetings are too pig-headed to do anything about it. I don't expect success every season - I would have been very content with mid-table this season, but to carry on when the solution is staring you in the face is just plain daft. Well, they can carry on if they wish, but I'm not going to back them in that case.

And that about sums up a lot of us now, well put by the way

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
TB is NOT a 'non football man'...12 years ago, when promoted, he spent over 30 minutes in a right old ding dong with me as to whether Charlie Oatway & others were going to cut it in the Championship.
He knows more detail AND cares more than 99% on here about the Albion

If he knew and cared as much as you claim he'd have done something weeks ago, be that getting rid of Hyypia or getting shot of Burke and Barber.

Hadn't had you down as a club flunky until this post.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here