Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sami Hyypia

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Sammi is not an experienced manager , he even said himself he needs an older no 2 to learn off ,he got the sack from his last job and the youth coach took over and got them out of trouble.We are not a little club in a ramshackle stadium anymore we are a multimillion pound club and company ,why o why is bloom sticking to the same policy of picking untried inexperienced people to manage us poyet was with us in div 1 and grew with the club into what we are now we are not the same club we were at with dean.Everything seems to be done on the cheap at the moment ,and I for one are sorry to see Buckley go .

Why do you think. Cheap

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
1) Poyet wanted out long before he started making comments about us hitting the ceiling. He was looking for the right time and the right excuse. He engineered the talks with Reading to create a rift and the subsequent failure in the play-offs, when he wasn't focussed, cemented his departure. Beyond the legal dispute, he was then a free agent.
2) Garcia realised pretty early in his tenure how difficult it is managing in the Championship. As the season drew on, he made up his mind it wasn't for him and a move back to the comfort of Israel ( clearly engineered during the season )gave him a quick opportunity to rebuild his cv before the inevitable move back to Spain. Damage limitation.
IMHO both of these individuals made excuses to hide the real reasons for their departures. Poyet had one of the strongest squads in the division and Garcia had the best defensive unit. I don't believe the club messed up. Everyone misses out on targets and makes mistakes but to keep harping on about lack of ambition and support from the board is clearly wrong and it is disrespectful.
Both the last two managers had the tools to do the job. When the pressure was on, they both failed.

Great post, but a bit harsh on OG. Poyet was certainly given the backing (the clubs huge payroll costs in 2011/12 and 2012/13 prove that, leading to the vast audited losses), but even if you disagree with that and those figures which are on public record .... just look at the names of former internationals and CL players in the 2012/13 squad. But Poyet's increasing whining, manoeuvring, politicking, flirting with other jobs, made it abundantly clear he wanted to jump ship to a PL or PL-parachute budget club well before his 5 year project was complete. Tried to blame his departure on the sacking for PR purposes and to get his BHA contract paid up in full, but he failed.

OG inherited a squad with:
Star defensive midfielder Bridcutt, "not in the right place mentally"
Vicente gone
The brilliant Bridge gone.
Lopez - his game collapsed
The solid Hammond replaced by the ponderous too old Andrews
Orlandi became even more absent
Barnes and ElAbd sold half way through
Threadbare fit strike force

Giving OG a far poorer squad than Poyet. Don't blame him for walking - he saw what was happening.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
I'm surprised at how many people here talk out of their rectums, just because he doesn't scream and jump up and down he's peed off and will walk or a yes man. Do you really think the club would tell a pack of lies to a new manager risking him walking out after a few games. Do we really know what goes on behind closed doors, stop slagging the club off and start getting 100% behind Sami and the team whoever it is that's playing
Good call....

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
For bed-wetters like me, they already are, and are getting louder with every passing week.

I don't reckon Sami will be here by Christmas, and if he walks, I wouldn't blame him.

This summer seems to have been a complete fiasco, and I for one have lost all confidence in the way the football side of things is being (mis)managed.

I certainly don't believe we're suddenly going to sign 4-5 quality players in the next couple of weeks, not least because we don't seem to be an attractive option for many players, in spite of having a great stadium and other infrastructure.

I have a mate that plays golf with the gentleman in question and what this gentlemen says about Oscar's departure is deeply worrying. If the same has been promised to Sami that was allegedly promised to Oscar then our saviour isn't what we all would like to think he is BUT I will reserve judgement to see what happens in the next 8 months or so.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
For bed-wetters like me, they already are, and are getting louder with every passing week.

I don't reckon Sami will be here by Christmas, and if he walks, I wouldn't blame him.

This summer seems to have been a complete fiasco, and I for one have lost all confidence in the way the football side of things is being (mis)managed.

I certainly don't believe we're suddenly going to sign 4-5 quality players in the next couple of weeks, not least because we don't seem to be an attractive option for many players, in spite of having a great stadium and other infrastructure.

I think the biggest problem is that any potential signing googles Brighton Fans , sees NSC and decides "I don't need that kind of support!" There are too many on here who have no sense or reality and think we are a massive club.

We are not! Since 1901 we have spent the vast majority of our time in the lower divisions. Championship (Div 2) is as good as it gets apart from a brief spell 30 years ago!
If we get to the Premier League, it will repay Tony if we are sensible.
Do you really expect anything else? Hope I am wrong but doubt it.

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
1) Poyet wanted out long before he started making comments about us hitting the ceiling. He was looking for the right time and the right excuse. He engineered the talks with Reading to create a rift and the subsequent failure in the play-offs, when he wasn't focussed, cemented his departure. Beyond the legal dispute, he was then a free agent.
2) Garcia realised pretty early in his tenure how difficult it is managing in the Championship. As the season drew on, he made up his mind it wasn't for him and a move back to the comfort of Israel ( clearly engineered during the season )gave him a quick opportunity to rebuild his cv before the inevitable move back to Spain. Damage limitation.
IMHO both of these individuals made excuses to hide the real reasons for their departures. Poyet had one of the strongest squads in the division and Garcia had the best defensive unit. I don't believe the club messed up. Everyone misses out on targets and makes mistakes but to keep harping on about lack of ambition and support from the board is clearly wrong and it is disrespectful.
Both the last two managers had the tools to do the job. When the pressure was on, they both failed.

But however you spin it both mangers made it clear it was a lack of their own transfers targets, refs to Gus i agree that Poyet wanted out long before he started making comments about us hitting the ceiling. but it started before the reading talks, back in the Jan transfers Gus good as promised a striker would be in place before the dead line but it never happened, maybe mess up was the wrong word but the club can not afford any more unhappy managers wanting to leave due to the lack of their transfer targets.

swervy_123

Dec 2, 2009
brighton
Why do you think. Cheap

Untried manager ie cheaper ,players sold for millions but won't pay thousands for ward ,all our player targets we can't seem to sign why not ? fantastic stadium full houses state of the art academy so it must be something else , always talking of ffp telling us to spend spend spend prices always on the up is that enough,sound bites PLR one club one ambition with poyet it was one club one identity well we have certainly lost that now

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here