Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sami Hyypia

James Bond's body double

Nov 1, 2009
Southwick
It's called reality people some of you should try it every now and again and stop looking through your blue and white tinted specs.
IF ? I am proved wrong then fantastic , brilliant I admit my mistake and will admit my wrong doing to you wonderful oracles of all things Albion !

What do you expect from Albion next season ? who are you armchair managers wanting as our new manager ?
What do expect from an Albion Manager ? Well come on ????

I can assure you I don't wear any tinted specs,and I am not an armchair fan. I do think some of us think we are far bigger than we actually are, we won't get top managers here just yet and if Bloom thinks Hyypia is the man then I am behind him, he was right with Gus, and to a certain extent Oscar so why not Sami?

What I want from a manager... to keep the progress we have made over the past few year going, hopefully a little more attacking and to be behind what TB is trying to build. If TB says we have ££ to spend then that's it no point moaning after signing the contract.

Yes it would be great to have a manager with Championship experience who will guarantee us promotion but these are not there just to pick & chose from, if they were I am sure TB would have spoken to them.

So in reality who do you want and why?

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
How about you telling us who you want, then we can pick holes in your choice.

PICK AWAY !!!! Correct me if I'm wrong but a forum is for discussion not just to tell someone they are wrong every time their opinion differs from yours, which is what a large majority do on here, no matter what anyone writes.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
PICK AWAY !!!! Correct me if I'm wrong but a forum is for discussion not just to tell someone they are wrong every time their opinion differs from yours, which is what a large majority do on here, no matter what anyone writes.

And exactly what you're doing :lolol:

Phat Baz 68

Apr 16, 2011
By all means disagree and discuss but don't tell people they are wrong and you are right all the time that's just insane.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Mark Lawrenson says Hyypia "didn't do a bad job in Germany as far as I could see."

Penetrating analysis there as usual.

Indeed. Typical top, top work.

I LITERALLY cannot wait, for Lawro and Shearer's devastating insight into all those foreign types playing in Brazil over the next month. Or as they'll call anyone who plays outside of the Premier League or Barca / Real, "the big striker", "the number 6", or similar.

Like when Ben Arfa arrived in the Premier League, and immediately impressed, Sheraer's first analysis on air, was that "obviously we know nothing about this lad".

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
Why not Hyypia ? He has something to prove and i am sure ambitious for success. The rest of of the championship will not know what to make of it,not the same old,same old ! A typical Bloom appointment in fact.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I have no idea how good he is but the team he managed before he got sacked ended up 4th, in a division where the top end are just as good if not better than the Premier League, and the team are in the Champion's League next season. Not sure we can really be aiming much higher tbh. This is second division Brighton we are talking about not some really big and desirable team. We also have a budget problem it appears.

I'm not sure who some of you think we might get? I'd like Wenger if we can choose anyone :smile:

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
By all means disagree and discuss but don't tell people they are wrong and you are right all the time that's just insane.

With respect, I'd like to know who you'd want as our next manager too? - I'm interested

Phat Baz 68

Apr 16, 2011
My personal opinion is that this is for want if a better way of putting it a " kick and thump your way out league " not that I mean smashing people up in the air every five minutes, but to attack, keep possession , shoot from outside the area more than once every ten games, no tippy tappy walk it into the back of the net crap all the time it clearly doesn't work.
Yes we need to play flowing passing football but it has to be attack minded , if we had of played that when Poyet was here we wouldn't have been in the Championship last season.
We need a manager who has managed in this division and knows how to get out of it too.
Malkay Makay, Neil Warnock, someone of that ilk if you like.
Again just my opinion.
Entertaining footy is great but it wasn't that great was it at Derby for instance , and why do you think that was ?
He had no idea how to deal with it.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
There is a VIP getting a tour of the training complex right now (9:52). Source , a mate of mine there on business, been asked/told to remain in his car till he's called for.
:shrug:

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
FFS, what is it with this thread and making massive inaccurate sweeping statements?

For what it's worth, of the current 20 Premier League managers, 9 were defenders during their playing days. Dyche, Pulis, Bruce, Pearson, Rodgers, Pellegrini, Monk, Pochettino and Allardyce. Not sure how that translates into 'former defenders rarely make good managers'.

I don't know anything like enough about Hyypia's time in Germany to comment on his suitability or otherwise, and I'm certainly not going to rush to judge him on one game against Man United.

He had a win rate of 52%, which I'd suggest is awesome and, on that basis (although not purely that basis), it's a resounding YES from me.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Why did they sack him ???????
Read the last past of my post, they sacked him after a poor run of form to try and maintain their position in the Champions League.
Of course, forums are all about opinions, however it appears you haven't looked into Hyypia's previous history in any depth and are just making wild assumptions, so I'd suggest you're just being blindly negative.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
There is a VIP getting a tour of the training complex right now (9:52). Source , a mate of mine there on business, been asked/told to remain in his car till he's called for.
:shrug:

Jesus, it's a new football manager of a second-tier club, not the head of some international counter-espionage unit.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
My personal opinion is that this is for want if a better way of putting it a " kick and thump your way out league " not that I mean smashing people up in the air every five minutes, but to attack, keep possession , shoot from outside the area more than once every ten games, no tippy tappy walk it into the back of the net crap all the time it clearly doesn't work.
Yes we need to play flowing passing football but it has to be attack minded , if we had of played that when Poyet was here we wouldn't have been in the Championship last season.
We need a manager who has managed in this division and knows how to get out of it too.
Malkay Makay, Neil Warnock, someone of that ilk if you like.
Again just my opinion.
Entertaining footy is great but it wasn't that great was it at Derby for instance , and why do you think that was ?
He had no idea how to deal with it.

Fair enough. But, you have to admit, Derby were a far superior team to us. Beating us 4 times proved that, so I don't think you can read much into that result. I'm astonished that they didn't go up to be honest. Mackay only seems to have done a decent job with money behind him, and lets be honest, Warnock is a bit of a dinosaur who doesn't really fit in with the vision of the club as a whole, my opinions of course.

Phat Baz 68

Apr 16, 2011
Fair enough. But, you have to admit, Derby were a far superior team to us. Beating us 4 times proved that, so I don't think you can read much into that result. I'm astonished that they didn't go up to be honest. Mackay only seems to have done a decent job with money behind him, and lets be honest, Warnock is a bit of a dinosaur who doesn't really fit in with the vision of the club as a whole, my opinions of course.

I agree Warnock is a bit if a dinosaur but he knows this div inside out.
It's hard but we must be changing our footballing philosophy at Albion now as I'm not sure Hyypia is in the same mould as Poyet and Garcia which is good in a lot of ways but again he's totally unproven and will be a shot in the dark again and halfway through the season IF he's appointed we could be looking for our fourth manager in less than 3 years, that's an appalling record to have.
Get in a British manager who's been there done it knows what it's about and what is required get into the Premier League then see what happens at least if we got relegated then we would have cash behind us to mount another serious challenge to come straight back.
The faves next year for promotion I would guarantee are the three that went down from the Prem they have the money and have done it before.
Look at Burnley last season too totally unexpected and out of the blue finishing second British manager who knows what iis required and did it with sod all money and crowds of 14000 or less. Sean Dyche genius !!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here