Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sami Hyypia

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Please explain what non British mangers get clubs promoted from the Championship?

There have been 262 managers in the championship since it was formed in 2004, only 16 of them have not been British or Irish, or just 0.6% of the total managers.

Both this season and last, a foreign manager was in charge of 2 of the teams in the top 6. I might be wrong but I think Di Matteo was the last foreign manager (not from UK or Ireland) to get automatic promotion with West Brom in 2010.

Its probably not a bad hit rate given the above percentages.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Please explain what non British mangers get clubs promoted from the Championship?

People have answered this before but you won't listen. The Championship is predominantly made up of British managers therefore statistically speaking, it most likely to be a British manager leading 3 teams to promotion out of 24.

Rossler, Zola, Poyet and Garcia have made the Play off in the past 2 years from a low sample. I suppose you would rather have Harry Redknapp in charge who somehow fluked the play offs with a team who the previous year had a wage bill higher than one of the champions league finalists but managed to get relegated. Also, the better managers get poached before thier team gets promoted - Roberto Martinez an example of that. Dare I say Gus Poyet.

There are good British managers. There are shit ones. There are good foreign managers. There are shit ones. Arguing you want a British manager just because he is British is nosensical. I just want a good one whether he is from England, Finland, Senegal or the moon.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
I'd just like to be able to say "Our manager's Hyypia than yours, man" :banana:

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
There have been 262 managers in the championship since it was formed in 2004, only 16 of them have not been British or Irish, or just 0.6% of the total managers.

Both this season and last, a foreign manager was in charge of 2 of the teams in the top 6. I might be wrong but I think Di Matteo was the last foreign manager (not from UK or Ireland) to get automatic promotion with West Brom in 2010.

Its probably not a bad hit rate given the above percentages.

Thank you. I asked a question and wanted a civilized answer which you have provided. It's a forum where people are concerned and voice their opinions but for some reasons if you ask the wrong question then a minority that disapproves off, then you are game to be attacked. I was just pointing out my opinion, nothing more or nothing less.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
People have answered this before but you won't listen. The Championship is predominantly made up of British managers therefore statistically speaking, it most likely to be a British manager leading 3 teams to promotion out of 24.

Rossler, Zola, Poyet and Garcia have made the Play off in the past 2 years from a low sample. I suppose you would rather have Harry Redknapp in charge who somehow fluked the play offs with a team who the previous year had a wage bill higher than one of the champions league finalists but managed to get relegated. Also, the better managers get poached before thier team gets promoted - Roberto Martinez an example of that. Dare I say Gus Poyet.

There are good British managers. There are shit ones. There are good foreign managers. There are shit ones. Arguing you want a British manager just because he is British is nosensical. I just want a good one whether he is from England, Finland, Senegal or the moon.

Have they? What in this thread or another thread?

Which manager from the moon did you have in mind ?

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
No thanks I want a stale, stuck in the mud English bigot who plays 3-3-4 and better still invites fee paying fans into the dugout or back in the changing rooms to give the players a good roasting... ohhh eeerrr !

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I'd love to monitor these ever-changing managerial odds closely, but unfortunately I'm committed at the present time with watching some paint dry.

If one of you could just drop me a text when the club announce something, that would be smashing.

What colour, I'm watching "Elephant's Breath", and you?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
ma6ebuny.jpg

Wife's car? Her name is Susanna. 2009 reg would be about right too as he left Liverpool that year. Maybe he garages it here and drives it around when he's in England? I like a good mystery.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here