Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sami Hyypia

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Translated from a Finnish site:

"Sky Sports of the British Rally Championship Brighton negotiating Sami plays the great owl with head coach position. Hyypiä is the site of the bookmaker Sky Bet's number one favorite. Office to return the money back at the moment, only about 1.62 times if Hyypiä appointed manager of the club. The coach of the Pest probability is estimated there are more than 50 per cent. Other favorites are the manager of Brighton's West Bromwich, among others, former pilot Steve Clarke and Celtic a last week resigned from Neil Lennon."

Several crackers there, but "...Sami plays the great owl...." is my favourite.

Top translation.

strand

Jun 3, 2014
- Someone said Hyypiä's time as sole manager was bad, but the autumn season was I think Leverkusen's best ever. Leverkusen was 2nd in christmas, even five points in front of Dortmund and only behind Bayern München who were out of this world last season. The problems started after christmas, and soon after Hyypiä was sacked.

- Leverkusen's material was not Champions League level in my opinion, so Hyypiä did an excellent job in autumn. The starting lineup was strong-ish, but the squad didn't have any depth. Giving a rest to just two players or so often resulted in defeat

- Hyypiä is still very much liked in Germany and among Leverkusen fans even though he was sacked, and in Finland he's a legend only surpassed by Jari Litmanen

- Leverkusen played with 4-3-2-1, which is also used in Finland national team. Before managing Leverkusen, Hyypiä worked for two years or so with Finland's national team as an assistant coach, so he has experience from there too and is close friends with Finland boss Mixu Paatelainen. Hyypiä has very strong connections in Germany/England/Finland, so expect some signings if he comes.

-For example in Finnish/Bulgarian news it's been written that Finland's international player Tero Mäntylä (CB, 23 years) could come to Brighton. Mäntylä has played many years in Bulgaria's top team Ludogorets (could sound bad but they even won Lazio in Europa League and finished top 16, a very good "money" team) and this spring he went to the national team finally. He's also wanted in Serie A and France, but Hyypiä's appointment would greatly increase the odds of Mäntylä joining Brighton. Mäntylä is ex-Portsmouth, but didn't play a single match in the main team I think

- Is there real gossip that Lukas Hradecky comes to Brighton or did someone just make this up? I don't think he moves this summer anywhere when Bröndby are in the euro games. You should get Finland's other national team keeper Niki Mäenpää. He plays for Venlo in Dutch 2nd league but has been FInland's #1 keeper for quite some time now. He's expected to move this summer to a much better league, England, Germany or something. Very solid keeper.

carteater

Translated from a Finnish site:

"Sky Sports of the British Rally Championship Brighton negotiating Sami plays the great owl with head coach position. Hyypiä is the site of the bookmaker Sky Bet's number one favorite. Office to return the money back at the moment, only about 1.62 times if Hyypiä appointed manager of the club. The coach of the Pest probability is estimated there are more than 50 per cent. Other favorites are the manager of Brighton's West Bromwich, among others, former pilot Steve Clarke and Celtic a last week resigned from Neil Lennon."

Several crackers there, but "...Sami plays the great owl...." is my favourite.

:lolol:

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Not sure what to make of this. He did reasonably well at Bayer Leverkusen, but from what I know a lot of that was down to his coaching partnership with Sascha Lewandowski. Managing in England without that coaching team could be a big gamble.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
- Someone said Hyypiä's time as sole manager was bad, but the autumn season was I think Leverkusen's best ever. Leverkusen was 2nd in christmas, even five points in front of Dortmund and only behind Bayern München who were out of this world last season. The problems started after christmas, and soon after Hyypiä was sacked.

- Leverkusen's material was not Champions League level in my opinion, so Hyypiä did an excellent job in autumn. The starting lineup was strong-ish, but the squad didn't have any depth. Giving a rest to just two players or so often resulted in defeat

- Hyypiä is still very much liked in Germany and among Leverkusen fans even though he was sacked, and in Finland he's a legend only surpassed by Jari Litmanen

- Leverkusen played with 4-3-2-1, which is also used in Finland national team. Before managing Leverkusen, Hyypiä worked for two years or so with Finland's national team as an assistant coach, so he has experience from there too. Hyypiä has very strong connections in Germany/England/Finland, so expect some signings if he comes.

-For example in Finnish/Bulgarian news it's been written that Finland's international player Tero Mäntylä (CB, 23 years) could come to Brighton. Mäntylä has played many years in Bulgaria's top team Ludogorets (could sound bad but they even won Lazio in Europa League and finished top 16, a very good "money" team) and this spring he went to the national team finally. He's also wanted in Serie A and France, but Hyypiä's appointment would greatly increase the odds of Mäntylä joining Brighton. Mäntylä is ex-Portsmouth, but didn't play a single match in the main team I think

- Is there real gossip that Lukas Hradecky comes to Brighton or did someone just make this up? I don't think he moves this summer anywhere when Bröndby are in the euro games. You should get Finland's other national team keeper Niki Mäenpää. He plays for Venlo in Dutch 2nd league but has been FInland's #1 keeper for quite some time now. He's expected to move this summer to a much better league, England, Germany or something. Very solid keeper.

Hi Sami! :wave:

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
In the grounds, of amex.
He's got us playing, our very best.
And the players, now eat fish
Because our manager, yeah he's finish.

Hyppia's magic Rhythm sticks.
Sami. Sami.

Hampden Park

Ex R.N.
Oct 7, 2003
to the tune of Night Fever (work in progress and help needed (lots of))

now Gus Poyet has gone,
to the stadium of light,
and Oscar crawled back to his hole.
When you cheer out for me
yeah, and the feelin' is bright(on),

then we get Hyppia, Hyppia.
He knows how to do it.
Gimme Hyppia, Hyppia.
We know how to show it.
? ? ? ? ?

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
to the tune of Night Fever (work in progress and help needed (lots of))

now Gus Poyet has gone,
to the stadium of light,
and Oscar crawled back to his hole.
When you cheer out for me
yeah, and the feelin' is bright(on),

then we get Hyppia, Hyppia.
He knows how to do it.
Gimme Hyppia, Hyppia.
We know how to show it.
? ? ? ? ?

:clap2:

Not enough Bee Gees tunes from the stands if you ask me.

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham

- Leverkusen played with 4-3-2-1, which is also used in Finland national team. Before managing Leverkusen, Hyypiä worked for two years or so with Finland's national team as an assistant coach, so he has experience from there too and is close friends with Finland boss Mixu Paatelainen. Hyypiä has very strong connections in Germany/England/Finland, so expect some signings if he comes.

Thanks strand , where are you from?

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Didn't someone start a thread a couple of weeks back on him? I thought at the time that I would be very pleased with him, so I hope this one has legs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here