'Sami Hyypia! Get Out of Our Club!' - Heard by Very Few

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Bridcutt was many good things for us before his injury but he was never a leader, he was just quietly very good.

Dunk was the leader on the pitch on Wednesday but normally Greer and to a lesser extent Stockdale fulfill that role.

Agree with that. Sometimes battling or defensive midfielders are natural leaders and communicators, but in contrast Bridcutt quietly got on with shielding the defence and had a short passing game to more forward-thinking players.

In the Amex era El-Abd, Crofts, Greer, Upson stand out as leaders in the team, with Dunk recently looking similar (as seen from the stands).

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I don't understand how that works. Does Burke have the final say on what someone is worth?

El-Abd wise, I can imagine that he would give the green light as he feels we have cover. Possibly the same for Buckley, but I don't imagine he is in a position to block the sales of Bridcutt and Ulloa?

He doesn't have the say in who to sell, but maximises the price we get for them. His mandate is to get as much income in as possible. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
I don't think Burke has a say in who stays, does he? We clearly are not in a position to entice players to play for us when there are better deals to be had elsewhere.

We don't know which players Burke has taken a liking to, but that we can't afford or tempt them to join us.

Well who decided that Orlandi should go after Oscar recommended we keep him, the Head of Football, C.E.O or The Chairman. I know which job title fits best, I think it is the Teflon Head of Football.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports