Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sami Hyypia - "...financial things...that maybe I'm not fully aware of..."

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
What a bizarre reaction on here just watched the interview and i saw it as him saying 'I am not yet familiar with what level of player is realistic within our budget'

Hardly surprising really given he is new to the championship and certainly more plausible than the suggestion he has walked into the club without discussing budgets

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
It would be interesting to know what is happening at the moment. The calibre of player we are looking at are surely not strutting their stuff in Brasil. It's all very quiet on the transfer front through out the Football League.

I'm sure the relevant bods are working tirelessly and Hyppia has been told what he can and can't afford. He joined saying he loved our ambition, he's not going to then say we don't have the means to meet his desires, unless he has been duped.

Sadly, there are too many clubs with megabucks and they will price us out.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
FFS none of the clubs in The Championship know what their budget will be until the end of the month when a FL EGM is held to discuss FFP with options to keep the figure the same or increase the figure in view of the increased parachute payments. I can see several clubs voting for the maximum increase on the table and then asking the FL for an amnesty for the 2013/2014 season.

Is that right ??? I thought it had all been voted on 2 or 3 weeks ago with 'no change' the agreed outcome.

However, in one of his video interviews Tony did say there was something else still to be put to the vote, but he was a bit cryptic about it. Almost as if he was playing a poker hand on this issue...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Why do we have so many bed wetters as fans these days?
I have no idea why so many people go all in on a guess, or trolly comment, esp the negative ones.
The moment something is said that fits an anti Barber/Burke agenda, which let's not forget is actually an anti-Bloom agenda just too cowardly to own it, to some it becomes gospel.
To be honest it's 'mushrooms' rather than 'bed-wetters'. Just being kept in the dark.
What more do you actually want?
Bearing in mind you are not a share holder, not an investor, not a player and not an agent.
You are, like me and everybody else, just a fan.
For all I know might not even hand over a piffling £50 a month.

I suppose the proof will be the quality of signings we will make, but people expecting them to spend millions are deluded.
You have no idea, writing that before the 1st of September is meaningless, but feeds the cry babies more bitty.

Who knows by then it might be accurate but we might have signed 2 or even 3 £1,000,000 players making you loud wrong.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
What more do you actually want?

Well, for a start...

To hear from the club directly and clearly whether Calderon and Bruno ( and Ankergren ) have signed contract extensions and not just a hint from an interview in Finland.

No big deal. Just mushrooms.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Well, for a start...

To hear from the club directly and clearly whether Calderon and Bruno ( and Ankergren ) have signed contract extensions and not just a hint from an interview in Finland.

No big deal. Just mushrooms.
What absolute tosh, can you not here how amazingly pathetic you sound?
I thought you actual had a real axe to grind. (There's my first mistake, this being NSC)

'No big deal' but I'm going to use a very derogatory term anyway.

Do you genuinely feel you are being kept in the dark and feed s*** on the 16th of JUNE about the current statue of 2 possibly 3 returning players?

Had it not occurred to you that they have agreed to return in principle but are currently on holiday and therefore unavailable to put pen to paper. Although they have all set dates to 'pop in' sign the extension and do the obligatory interview/photo shoot.

Dear god when you're old enough to drive you'll need counselling every time someone over takes you.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
What absolute tosh, can you not here how amazingly pathetic you sound?
I thought you actual had a real axe to grind. (There's my first mistake, this being NSC)

'No big deal' but I'm going to use a very derogatory term anyway.

Do you genuinely feel you are being kept in the dark and feed s*** on the 16th of JUNE about the current statue of 2 possibly 3 returning players?

Had it not occurred to you that they have agreed to return in principle but are currently on holiday and therefore unavailable to put pen to paper. Although they have all set dates to 'pop in' sign the extension and do the obligatory interview/photo shoot.

Dear god when you're old enough to drive you'll need counselling every time someone over takes you.

Blimey. That's a bit over the top isn't it ???

brighton bluenose

Jan 6, 2006
Nicollet & 66th
OK I'll bite. We do not have League 2 players, we have decent Championship players. This is why we've finished in the top 6 of the Championship two seasons in a row. We also have a top half Championship budget.

For what it's worth I took the statement to mean that Hyypia doesn't understand the ins and outs of the club's budget, not that he doesn't know what his budget is.

If a manager doesn't know the 'ins and outs' of his budget then he really doesn't know what his budget is - that is obviously a fact of business in any sphere!!

If Sammi has been told 'Your budget is (say) £20 million' but it hasn't been clearly explained that that includes the wages of the existing players, the existing management team, the price of any new players, their wages, their agents fees etc etc and he thinks that that sum is purely for the purchase fee for 6 or 7 players then he would obviously have a big shock coming!!

Understanding your budget is a basic requirement of management - unless that manager isn't really controlling the budget?!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Not really, not when you take into account the snivelling little school girl nature of the inital 'complaint'.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
If a manager doesn't know the 'ins and outs' of his budget then he really doesn't know what his budget is - that is obviously a fact of business in any sphere!!

If Sammi has been told 'Your budget is (say) £20 million' but it hasn't been clearly explained that that includes the wages of the existing players, the existing management team, the price of any new players, their wages, their agents fees etc etc and he thinks that that sum is purely for the purchase fee for 6 or 7 players then he would obviously have a big shock coming!!

Understanding your budget is a basic requirement of management - unless that manager isn't really controlling the budget?!

Well we know that he doesn't.

Having watched the video, all Sami is saying is that he did not currently know the level of player that we can afford. That interview was recorded before he had sat down with David Burke and gone through everything, recorded either on or before the day of the press conference last week. I am sure that he is well aware now of the level of player that we are looking at.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Having just seen the video, I can't find anything really contraversial about it. I don't see it in him from the outset that we will continue with bore football, but he does set a lot of store in Nathan Jones who was here in the previous regime so it remains to be seen. With regard to money for new players, its important to see who has left and what needs replacing. In a utopian world we can we would all spend, spend, spend but there are limits and we have an academy now so I don't see many major signngs but more integration of the DS.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

I don't think so. It is genuinely pathetic how uptight some people get about something that really shouldn't mean as much to their lives as it does. I cannot understand it, people must live very sheltered lives.

It's the middle of June, pre season training doesn't start for weeks, and you're getting all upset because the club haven't contacted you to tell you exactly what is going on in some confidential negotiations about someone's employment that you have absolutely no right to know.

The time to moan and panic is when we're 15th in March, not the best part of two months before the season starts when the new manager has only been in place a couple of weeks.

Grow a pair, enjoy the Summer, and get on with your life. There's a cracking World Cup on at the moment, in case you haven't noticed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here