Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sami disappointed with the crowd for Southampton game [video]

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
He will be a lot happier when we have 20+ on 9th August. And he also hinted he would get more out of the players with a larger crowd.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Come on chaps, we're not mathematically certain of relegation yet are we?

Not yet. But I'm sure that we'll be more worried about relegation than promotion this season.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
His body language was very clear, though I am far from an expert on these matters,..... he was downbeat ( possibly just the defeat), but there didnt seem to be any 'light at the end of' to grab onto........ this is getting a little tiresome, no more games to develop the strategy, no sign of imminent signings to help improve the squad.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
His body language was very clear, and I am far from an expert on these matters,..... he was downbeat ( possibly just the defeat), but there didnt seem to be any light at the end of to grab onto........ this is getting a little tiresome, no more games to develop the strategy, no sign of imminent signings to help improve the squad.

But at least we're paying more for our season tickets. :rolleyes:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If they wanted a bigger crowd they should have priced it better.
and played someone better.

He will be a lot happier when we have 20+ on 9th August. And he also hinted he would get more out of the players with a larger crowd.
He does realise more people doesn't equate to a better Amex atmosphere, doesn't he?

Hopefully we aren't 2-0 down after 70 mins. Sami could get a rude awakening.
Fingers crossed we have 2 players sent off in the first 10 minutes.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
May be jumping the gun here (OK, definitely jumping the gun) but Sami really doesn't inspire me, hope he does a better job with the players :down:

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
As a crowd we were absolutely bloody silent, but then when you transplant the north stand into strange 'sit down' locations, people are hardly likely to spring to their feet and start singing.

Quaid

Nov 6, 2011
Have the club closed the old ticket site and/or put a redirect up? The only place I found the link to the new site was on nsc.

This, with weak marketing are also factors to consider for low attendance. Along with the meh transfer window naturally (oops, just wet the bed) :)

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
As a crowd we were absolutely bloody silent, but then when you transplant the north stand into strange 'sit down' locations, people are hardly likely to spring to their feet and start singing.

Could the club not have set aside a block or 2 and stipulated that it would be for the more vocal supporters? Atmosphere was always going to be poor for a pre season friendly but I can see the same happening against Cheltenham.

JimmyJayUK

Feb 20, 2014
If anything it's a good thing not many people saw that shambles... May have saved a few season tickets!

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
It was truly an awful display. Left 20 mins before the end, which is v unusual for me. Couldn't stomach any more. We were way, way off the pace and looked a complete shambles from a tactical perspective. But no doubt SH and the club will have learned something from the game.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Whenever we lose or have a disappointing result we're told that pre season friendlies don't matter, they're just glorified training sessions, it's good just for the players to get a run out. We've had a poor run of results in our preseason friendly so we've heard that a lot recently. When you're constantly hearing 'these games don't matter' you're not going to sell out.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I can remember seasons with poor preseason results where we go on to get promotion.

Also seasons with fantastic preseason results, where we then get relegated.

I actually think it works out better to find out problems early and deal with them, rather than think everything is rosy going into the first real game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here