Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sami considers new players

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Wants to get loan players in (or free transfers at this time of year) and telling us to keep the faith, Adams mk 2 springs to mind.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Wants to get loan players in (or free transfers at this time of year) and telling us to keep the faith, Adams mk 2 springs to mind.

But hopefully they will be players Sami wants like TEx and not someone he is forced to choose from Burkes list.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
I do try to be supportive toward the hierarchy within the Amex, but I would have to cautiously (and to be fair in retrospect) question whether the squad may have benefited from quality over quantity. We do seem to have a decent enough squad but they do seem to all be of an average Championship standard. We, IMO don't seem to have even a single stand out player that can turn the game with a flash of inspiration.
I am, I embarrassingly confess beginning to doubt the Clubs recruitment policy. I know we are a tad on the 'careful' side with our purchases, which have lost us a small number quality players. Unfortunately this 'penny wise, pound foolish' policy is this seasons 'waste' as opposed to last years, i.e. employing a number of almost unused loanees. I won't, even can't point the finger at individuals as I, or we, don't know their remit or boundaries.
I feel it is a shame that as I personally consider we are probably the best administratively run club in the Championship that our on field aspirations fall so short. But hey, time will tell and I haven't given up on top six yet. :rolleyes:

Apart from the last seven words, I agree with every word :thumbsup:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Vicente GHOSTING past an entire Derby team before THUNDERING a shot against the bar was a better sight.

We've now got paddy to weave his way around teams and smack a shot over the bar. Not quite the same, but still good.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
We need a quality midfield player, strikers who don't receive the ball in scoring positions won't score. How many goals have the midfield contributed this season? Someone with vision, someone who can at least hit the target, someone who can take a corner that passes the first man, a dead ball professional. I view our problem not as the strikers but as the midfield, its full of very average 5m pass men.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
He was AMAZING in his first few games, then it's like he has been Brightonized. That's happened with loads of players here!

Indeed it does. We seem to have a knack of coaching out any talent from our loaness. In fact probably only Sidwell, Akinbiyi and Bradley Johnson escaped unscathed!

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
We need a quality midfield player, strikers who don't receive the ball in scoring positions won't score. How many goals have the midfield contributed this season? Someone with vision, someone who can at least hit the target, someone who can take a corner that passes the first man, a dead ball professional. I view our problem not as the strikers but as the midfield, its full of very average 5m pass men.

I would say our midfield spend the majority of the time playing with the hand break on. We know JFC likes to get forward and Gardner has a shot on him not to mention holla.
Pre his injury crofts didn't get forward anywhere near as much as we are used to.

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011
All we need are 2 decent additional players.

1. A goalkeeper that can actually save shots
2. A striker that can actually score goals.

Then we will start winning games.

Langley

Mar 10, 2008
Waltham Chase, Hants

Agree100% how many assists have our midfield contributed ? Elliott would be the answer, but that is out of the question,get a player of his ability in and we will see better results.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Would be good if the current manager could be limited in his spend on players, seeing as how he in all likelihood won't be here in January. Leave some for the new man!

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013

Good point. It's hard to ignore we need a player to start scoring regularly. A natural predator. But with so much possession and a generally decent back four we also need a creative midfielder. Crofts, JFC, Holla, Ince, Gardner can all look neat and tidy, but we are crying out for a playmaker, maestro, call it what you will. With Kemy's role again in question, it may fall with Dale Stephens when he returns. In the meantime, it is undoubtedly a weakness in this side.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here