Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Samed Yesil

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Reliable sources have informed me (well actually a recent look at online news pages) that he has been subject of an offer from a leading Turkish club.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Forget this one, it's the Portugese player.

Which is the point really, Thunders. No-one really knows until news breaks. Bets.... hedging.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
We signed Stockdale who is a top quailty player for a million and so that kinda dismisses what you said.

Not quite sure how you came to that conclusion. Stockdale, decent, well regarded keeper though he is, was Fulham's 2nd choice and had been for some time. I agree it's a good signing and IMO an upgrade on PIG but he isn't especially top quality in PL terms at least. Also as a GK his wage demands are likely to be lower than say a CF coming from a PL team or a top end Championship side.

I cannot see, even with the cash we have, the Albion spending £4/5m on say a striker and then paying him £20k plus a week like some of the other Championship sides will do. We are going to have to be creative in the players we sign, whether they are young and up and coming or coming in from abroad and from time to time sell some of the better ones until we can get into the PL.

That said I'm as concerned about where we are with the squad as anyone else currently...

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
With FFP is it worth taking risks with players like this?

Yes quite frankly. If he has a season staying fit he'll be worth 25-30M

This is why i can't see him coming here but who knows. One of the best young players in Europe a couple seasons ago and was expected to break into the Germany first team. Yes that one that just won the WC. Would be a much bigger signing than Vicente or even that young Spaniard Everton signed from Barca....... it's why this doesn't make much sense except that it's Liverpool (must be a loan) and his horrible injury record

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here