Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Same Seat Or Moving?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Moved from WSU to WSL for this season, closer view and easier exit for transport. Now we want to go back!

WSL really is the old West Stand at The Goldstone ie dull! The people immediately around us are fine, its just the other 6,000 or so are possibly dead. If we go back to WSU we will get a better atmosphere but may have to sit next to numpties......

Decisions, decisions......

BHAWise

Oct 5, 2011
Seaford
Why do so many want to move from ESU, arn't they meant to be great seats?

Is it a problem with looking into the afternoon sun at 3pm kickoffs?

The seats are great in the ESU and the view is class. It's right at the top of my budget and with the expected price rise I wouldn't be able afford it. Thats the only reason I'm moving. Ill more than likely go up there for cup games and one offs. Strictly financial on my part.

Dewe-Road-Gull

Jul 11, 2012
Why do so many want to move from ESU, arn't they meant to be great seats?

Is it a problem with looking into the afternoon sun at 3pm kickoffs?

Great view just hard to get an atmosphere going what with all the women, kids and OAPs up there - and the sun is no problem, mostly because i haven't seen it the whole season

matt_32510

Feb 7, 2011
Portslade
Was thinking of moving (currently WSU), but I may have to give up my ticket all together as my shift pattern is changing at work and it doesn't work in my favor for football.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Been ESL since the beginning, so I'm reluctant to move but absolutely loved my day out in ESU. Perfect view of the pitch and that is exactly where I want to experience the game from. I'm going to go in for another taster this season before making the final decision, but I'm considering changing my ST every 2 years to keep things fresh and to experience different areas in the ground.

jgmcdee

Mar 25, 2012
If two sets of people agree on a season ticket swap will the club allow it? Is it worth having a season ticket swap thread to try to sort out viable swaps between NSC folks?

Jan 30, 2008
Moved from WSU to WSL for this season, closer view and easier exit for transport. Now we want to go back!

WSL really is the old West Stand at The Goldstone ie dull! The people immediately around us are fine, its just the other 6,000 or so are possibly dead. If we go back to WSU we will get a better atmosphere but may have to sit next to numpties......

Decisions, decisions......
THERE'S SOME RIGHT LEAFY SUSSEX /HAPPY CLAPPY TYPES IN WSL/ but also some salt of the earth :wink:
regards
DR

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Wanting to move 6 of us from ESU to one of the corners - only problem is the bloke i spoke to said there will be no standing in the corners and we wont get to pick our seats it'll be pot luck where we're put???

NW will be the standing corner, next to the NSK who stand all the time.

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
nowhere near Burgess Hill
was thinking of moving to the NW Corner but thought I saw on here a few days back that some of this new corner will be for kids/community stuff ?.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
was thinking of moving to the NW Corner but thought I saw on here a few days back that some of this new corner will be for kids/community stuff ?.

Only the upper tier I think.

screamadelica

Jan 28, 2013
I'd love to know the truth about these "acoustics" questions. WSU when it gets going is extremely "loud" and obviously contributes to an excellent atmosphere in the ground. Why the people in the East don't get that impression is a mystery. Do we have any experts on NSC?

The soundwaves are either being retained in the West Stand which seems unlikely, being directed down and somehow being absorbed by the pitch, or they are travelling over the top of the East Stand...? Are any of these options remotely feasible?

I'm pleased that from SW1901 the ground sounded loud on Saturday. Something similar was said by a Hull fan on one of their forums - this was all despite it being a pretty uninspiring match until the last 20 minutes or so.

Agree that the North corners filled in will add significantly - so all looks/sounds good. :amex:

I think the answer is that the acoustics are crap as we cannot hear you in the North stand either

- - - Updated - - -

Can the moaners in the North stand please relocate to east or west next season, you know who you are.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here