Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Same Seat Or Moving?

BHAWise

Oct 5, 2011
Seaford
Sorry if fixtures, but am thinking about moving my ST for next year from ESU to either North corners. Anyone else planning to change or changed last year? Is it a simple process or do I have to go back on the waiting list?

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
I've emailed the ticket office about this as i am considering the same... I think there'll be a period when current STH can get first dibs before they go to the waiting list etc.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Really easy. Just wait for instructions, fill in a form and hey presto.

Would have thought that a move to NE/NW will be virtually guaranteed as well as there's no dead man's shoes situation going on.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Keeping WSU but be interesting to see the impact the North corners have on atmosphere. Potentially will make a massive difference

Janbha

Dec 5, 2008
Hove
i have been informed i am moving from the north stand to the southwest bit due to my constant sitting down and not joining in with stand up if you hate palace enough

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Keeping WSU but be interesting to see the impact the North corners have on atmosphere. Potentially will make a massive difference

Personally I think just closing in the NW corner has made a difference as the sound gets bounced back rather than lost onto the concourse, when there are fans in there adding to the noise it will really ramp things up

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
be interesting to see the impact the North corners have on atmosphere. Potentially will make a massive difference
Indeed, if you're going for North East, please sing - I'd love for you to stretch the atmosphere around to us stiffs in the ESU.

BHAWise

Oct 5, 2011
Seaford
Indeed, if you're going for North East, please sing - I'd love for you to stretch the atmosphere around to us stiffs in the ESU.

A few actually tried to get it going in the ESU on Saturday still got the death stare when joining in with "GusPoyets blue and white army"

dragonred

Aug 8, 2011
Hove
sat in SW 1901 and for first time since Amex opened could hear all parts of the ground loud and clear, in fact very loud and clear - N (very loud),S (the North be amazed how loud this is now), W (especially Upper) and even East....I've sat in all the other stands and always thought some parts of ground were just naturally quiet - oddly North and West Upper don't seem that loud from the East which made no sense at the time - however they have done it accoustics wise, the South somehow gets all the sound coming its way so I for one will never think the place is quiet, quite the opposite....when the N corners filled in there will be a hell of a wall of sound being made!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
We have just moved to west middle tier but had the chance to stand at the top of the new northwest corner on Saturday before the match and it is going to be a cracking view :thumbsup:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
A few actually tried to get it going in the ESU on Saturday still got the death stare when joining in with "GusPoyets blue and white army"
A few were apologetically mumbling 'we're the east stand'

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
sat in SW 1901 and for first time since Amex opened could hear all parts of the ground loud and clear, in fact very loud and clear - N (very loud),S (the North be amazed how loud this is now), W (especially Upper) and even East....I've sat in all the other stands and always thought some parts of ground were just naturally quiet - oddly North and West Upper don't seem that loud from the East which made no sense at the time - however they have done it accoustics wise, the South somehow gets all the sound coming its way so I for one will never think the place is quiet, quite the opposite....when the N corners filled in there will be a hell of a wall of sound being made!

Strange thing about the East is you can't hear the Upper West at all. I assumed you'd get a wall of noise coming across, but you don't.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I'd love to know the truth about these "acoustics" questions. WSU when it gets going is extremely "loud" and obviously contributes to an excellent atmosphere in the ground. Why the people in the East don't get that impression is a mystery. Do we have any experts on NSC?

The soundwaves are either being retained in the West Stand which seems unlikely, being directed down and somehow being absorbed by the pitch, or they are travelling over the top of the East Stand...? Are any of these options remotely feasible?

I'm pleased that from SW1901 the ground sounded loud on Saturday. Something similar was said by a Hull fan on one of their forums - this was all despite it being a pretty uninspiring match until the last 20 minutes or so.

Agree that the North corners filled in will add significantly - so all looks/sounds good. :amex:

dragonred

Aug 8, 2011
Hove
N, S and W may be surprised to hear that on the 2 times I've sat in the East it actually sounded pretty dam loud in there.....they may not stand up as much but the noise level is good. I think now the north is fully enclosed a wall of sound will be very noticeable to West lower and middle, and to the East and South - as for WSU, I can only think the sound doesn't travel down so get's lost in the ether - from the SW 1901 which is only fractionally below the WSU, the sound from up there is massively loud! very odd, perhaps East needed a 3rd tier to help retain the sound in what would be a bowl shape!

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Love my WSU seat and have no intention of moving. Might give the ESU a try for the England U21 game though as I'd like to see what the west looks like from over there.

Dewe-Road-Gull

Jul 11, 2012
Wanting to move 6 of us from ESU to one of the corners - only problem is the bloke i spoke to said there will be no standing in the corners and we wont get to pick our seats it'll be pot luck where we're put???

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Why do so many want to move from ESU, arn't they meant to be great seats?

Is it a problem with looking into the afternoon sun at 3pm kickoffs?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here