Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Samatta

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
So, are Villa going to get relegated or stay up?

You can still get almost evens on them staying up.

Still depends on what they, us and others do between now and the window closing.

We'll better know by Saturday! But the silence here is deafening

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I don't quite get why we would want another striker who is similar to Maupay, I don't think our issue is Maupay anyway, he's a good striker

Maupay is a good striker, but he currently looks like a good championship striker playing in the PL.

Maupay isn't so much the issue, it's what if Maupay gets suspended or God forbid injured. Then we'll be down to a teenager and a retiree, both of whom are not currently in the best form.

For a team already struggling for goals, not to get better back up at least, is a staggering gamble

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Maupay is a good striker, but he currently looks like a good championship striker playing in the PL.

Maupay isn't so much the issue, it's what if Maupay gets suspended or God forbid injured. Then we'll be down to a teenager and a retiree, both of whom are not currently in the best form.

For a team already struggling for goals, not to get better back up at least, is a staggering gamble
This is absolutely it.

And Tony must know it.

So the likeliest outcome is that we sign a striker today, tomorrow or on Friday.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
This, he needs service not sure another striker is the answer, he’d only be on the bench.

I suppose it's to do with cover (if Maupay gets injured), options, (if GP wants to play 2 up front and doesn't fancy Connolly), future planning, (we've got to sign someone eventually, we can't keep just giving Glenn another year), rotation, (Maupay's been known to have a shocker but we've been unable to sub him without weakening or changing the system), keeping Maupay's standards up (by giving him realistic competition for his place, and just the fact that there are no other clubs who would even contemplate trying to do what we're doing.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
If we don’t get a striker in the next few days we are down - simple. If we do it has to go well in terms of settling in.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
If we don’t get a striker in the next few days we are down - simple. If we do it has to go well in terms of settling in.

As much as I would like an additional striker, I really don't think not getting one will be the end of us with regards staying up.

I still back Connelly Maupay and Glenn as it stands to fire us away from trouble

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
As much as I would like an additional striker, I really don't think not getting one will be the end of us with regards staying up.

I still back Connelly Maupay and Glenn as it stands to fire us away from trouble

Agreed. I think Murray might well play against West Ham on Saturday with Trossard and Mooy/Propper running off him.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Harsh to judge on his first game, but he looked....limited.

What was it? £12m for a striker? in January? To a Premier League side in a relegation fight? That’s like paying £100 for a laptop. Villa fans expectations shouldn’t be high.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here