Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Chelsea also poached Youngster Zak Sturge
...and Shumaira Mheuka

(c) @AZ Gull

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Surely playing some of the best football in the PL means we would be fighting it out for the title and not getting hammered 4-0 at Luton with some fans having a bad feeling about the visit of the mighty Everton.
We’ve been vastly inconsistent this season to a point where we don’t know what team will turn up one game to the next.
Does such a well run club huge profit gain from its two best midfield players and not replace any of them with some ready to go talent?
We all love the club yet I do think some get blinded by the constant club PR message.
We aren’t as good as last season and that is regression not progression.
Maybe.... but I enjoy our attacking style, the fact we are not constantly worrying about a relegation battle and the exciting prospects we currently have on the books.

I could challenge your assertion that we have regressed, but I am afraid I can't be bothered....

It's absolutely natural to continually aim higher but right now my glass is more than half full...

.... and that's nothing to do with being blinded by the constant club PR message

Last edited:

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
I agree fully, it's more than just our summer targets, but it will be about that too imho.

Boehly clearly has a Brighton fetish/obsession and is desperate to try and replicate what we do over the long term.

Trying to brain drain our people and plagiarise as much of the processes as he can, is his plan, its not coincidence.

Absolutley. They are restricted this summer because of FFP etc.. so it'll be the 'long term project' - but how 'long term' under such leadership is anyones guess. Ask Tuchel, Potter, Bruno, Billy Reid, Bjorn Hamberg etc... or the head groundsman and his son that he sacked last year that was there for 30 years. Or Petr Cech, or the head medical guy abnd other backroom staff he culled or .. or .. or..............

Why on earth someone would want to go and work with him I havent a clue.

Out of curiosity, I wonder how Bill, Bjorn and Bruno are feeling? Yes Potter got a massive wedge out, but did they and now a whole year out of work. Hindsight and all that.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Absolutley. They are restricted this summer because of FFP etc.. so it'll be the 'long term project' - but how 'long term' under such leadership is anyones guess. Ask Tuchel, Potter, Bruno, Billy Reid, Bjorn Hamberg etc... or the head groundsman and his son that he sacked last year that was there for 30 years. Or Petr Cech, or the head medical guy abnd other backroom staff he culled or .. or .. or..............

Out of curiosity, I wonder how Bill, Bjorn and Bruno are feeling? Yes Potter got a massive wedge out, but did they and now a whole year out of work. Hindsight and all that.
Spot on. Boehly has somehow managed to make Chelsea even more toxic than it was under Abramovich....

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Money, and being sold promises and progression. And Money. If you get fired, you get a payoff - the Potter example is a good one - he apparently got a 12m payoff. Would probably have needed 2-3 years more absolute minimum to get that with us, so taking a year off isn’t any hardship. He doesn’t even have a severely damaged reputation- the more Boehly does this kind of thing, the more the blame shifts to him.

Last edited:

Jimmy Grimble

Do we know who his replacement is yet?

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
no. but i know we have made significant strides to replace the medical and performance team which has been a bit vacant ever since all our injuries started. Not saying its a cause but certainly think the speed of recovery and the condition of players when returning has been impacted.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
no. but i know we have made significant strides to replace the medical and performance team which has been a bit vacant ever since all our injuries started. Not saying its a cause but certainly think the speed of recovery and the condition of players when returning has been impacted.
Is that the guys that are built, have they left?

Hiheidi

Dec 27, 2022
Is that the guys that are built, have they left?

The 'buff physios' that gained notoriety were Adam Brett and Vican During.

Brett was Head of Medical and Performance and left in August. In December 2023 it was reported that During - who was Club Doctor - had also left. He most likely left before it was reported as he hadn't been seen on the pitch.

It was also reported in December that our Performance Manager Will Abbott, had moved to be Director of Performance at Charlton.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire

Brett was Head of Medical and Performance and left in August. In December 2023 it was reported that During - who was Club Doctor - had also left. He most likely left before it was reported as he hadn't been seen on the pitch.

It was also reported in December that our Performance Manager Will Abbott, had moved to be Director of Performance at Charlton.
So many roles behind the scenes that I'm unaware of

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011

I wonder if these changes have played a part in the injury list.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here