Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sam Baldock

theboybilly

sam would have ben better off making an honest attempt at the ball on the ground rather than clattering the keeper . i think that game has showed what we are lacking , although we weren't outclassed i think the scoreline was a tadd flattering to us......a lot of the lads didn't look "up for it" muzz had a couple of chances that perhaps he would have buried on another day......Newcastle have reacted to their win by bringing in Murphy from ipswich +1 other ....Derby have snapped up Vydra......wonder if a penthouse at the marina would tempt suarez for the season.......?

I pretty much agree with all that. I'm sure that if there was a similar challenge on Stockdale and it went unpunished there would have been uproar on here. Sam's silly first booking cost us greatly on Saturday.

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
Hemed & Murray clearly can't play together.
They have tackled each other more times than they've passed to each other.

I don't think CH had a choice in starting Baldock.
If we were one of 'those' clubs I'd say it was a power move, like not picking a full bench, saying 'this is all I have to work with', fortunately that ain't us.

Assuming the big transfer happens, a considerably better Baldock arrives and SB's role changes to impact sub, I think he instantly becomes a better player.

Agree that Hemed n Murray are a poor combination but I would rather give Murphy an opportunity than playing Baldock who's totally ineffective, we desperately need a striker alongside Murray and loan or sell Baldock - he's had more than enough chance's but has consistently failed

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
The understanding and movement of Baldock/Hemed & Stephens/Kayal served us very well last season. I wouldn't be so quick to break that up. Besides we need to add to our striker force not subtract.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Decent assessment from Naylor. What sticks out from it for me is those goals he mentions that Baldock scores. All of them are veering towards the spectacular end. If he's going to improve his goal count and ratio, what Baldock needs is a hatful of scruffy, scrappy goals, tap-ins, etc. The only of this ilk that I can dredge up from memory are actually ones that plenty have contested whether they should have been awarded to Baldock (e.g. Reading away this season, Brizzle at home last). What he also needs to do is to get into positions to get these scrappy goals, as my memory bank is also not flooding with a huge number of glaring misses.

http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/albion/14792732.Talking_Point__Play_it_again_and_again_Sam/

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I can't be the only person to click on here expecting to read about a new injury.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Really pleased to see Baldock weighing in with goals to complement the other parts of his game, which have been there all the time. He has always shown plenty of movement giving Murray and Hemed a bit of time on the ball, so great that he's now finding the net too. It's been a long time coming but Sam is now looking like an integral part of this promotion push. I hope I haven't cursed him with an injury next time out...

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Really pleased to see Baldock weighing in with goals to complement the other parts of his game, which have been there all the time. He has always shown plenty of movement giving Murray and Hemed a bit of time on the ball too, so great that he's now finding the net too. It's been a long time coming but Sam is now looking like an integral part of this promotion push. I hope I haven't cursed him with an injury next time out...

Had a golden opportunity too,yesterday,let's hope he finally comes good this year...

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Perhaps in a better team now, he doesn't have to create as much or work so hard, and the powers that be have got him concentrating a little more on scoring

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Because Chris will always try to shut up shop 1 goal up with 10 mins to go. And usually it works

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
A 2/10 first half and a 9/10 second half. Fair play to the guy for the turn around, his goal and his assist, as he turned the game around for us. If he played like he did second half during every game, then he'd be one of the best strikers in the country.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here