Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sam Baldock

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
The club tend to be very secretive about injuries and recovery times, have been since we arrived at the Amex, no news is generally bad news though.

Really ?
Hughton has given a running detailed commentary on Bong, Uwe, and Rosenior's recovery talking about it weekly, sometimes twice weekly in his press conferences, programme notes etc.
He's been the same with Baldock.They were hoping he would be fit for Friday but was due a fitness test. Perhaps it was too soon.
But secretive - i don't think so.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Any news on what is going on with Sam?

No one seems to have asked the question in recent press conferences.

they did and do.

Here's the argus after the pre- Brentford press conference.
"Baldock has made one substitute appearance since early November due to a thigh injury and, more recently, a calf problem.
Hughton said: "He trained today. He hasn't done much training with the team this week but he is injury-free. The question really is how quickly that we involve him."

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
The club tend to be very secretive about injuries and recovery times, have been since we arrived at the Amex, no news is generally bad news though.

This is what Hughton said about the other injuries in his programme notes for Brentford.

"On the injury front its looking more positive too. Gaetan, Liam and Uwe are back running although none have joined in training with the squad yet. In the next few weeks all three will be in contentionand will further strengthen a squad which will have to fully utilised as we have a run of Saturday/Tuesday games coming up"

And This is what hughton said to the argus / press conference about the injuries last Thursday.

"We know Liam Ridgewell’s last game is the Bolton game.
“We then go to Hull in midweek and Cardiff on the Saturday.
"Gaetan and Liam will be quite close. I think they will be fairly close to coming into the game on the Saturday.
“We won’t be too far away and we still have Calde who has come in and performed well for us in that position.
“Left-back is not one we are overly concerned about but there might just be that little gap.”

And he does this every week. The idea that the club is secretive is nonsense.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Really ?
Hughton has given a running detailed commentary on Bong, Uwe, and Rosenior's recovery talking about it weekly, sometimes twice weekly in his press conferences, programme notes etc.
He's been the same with Baldock.They were hoping he would be fit for Friday but was due a fitness test. Perhaps it was too soon.
But secretive - i don't think so.

So what's the current problem with Baldock? i haven't heard or read a thing. As for Bong and Rosenior I have heard some vague references to January, February and late February but not any in depth or detailed info

You are obviously happy with the vagueness of it all, I think they could do better :smile:

Maybe I've missed the in depth comments.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Let's not rush him back. If anything, a loan spell away to get some minutes might suit him. I wonder if Nathan Jones would take him for a month or three.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Fair enough, still sounding quite vague to me though

Half an hour ago you were under the impression the club were "very secretive about injuries etc"
Having now read a few articles where they talk about this stuff ad nauseam.
You now think they're "quite vague"

We're making progress Icy. :)

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am not happy with CH comment, yet once again, about not being concerned about playing Calderon at Hull, has he not learnt from our bad run. The least he should do is bring in a 28 day loan to cover until Bong and Rosenior are back. Come on CH try to see the wood from the trees.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
I am not happy with CH comment, yet once again, about not being concerned about playing Calderon at Hull, has he not learnt from our bad run. The least he should do is bring in a 28 day loan to cover until Bong and Rosenior are back. Come on CH try to see the wood from the trees.

Read all about it "Ben's Grandad in 'We need a left back on loan' shocker" Read all about it

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here