Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sam baldock - Merged

Jun 26, 2014
Did not know we were in for him,but perhaps as is a reason for many players turning down one club over another is not always financial, he/family are settled in an area..

I just linked a piece in the Bristol Post to one of your fellow fans, have a read of that.

It was also on Sky.

I just read through some old threads, see some of your lot rate him, so glad to pick him up.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
We have a strict wage budget in order to comply with Financial Fair Play, if he was asking for silly moneybox were right not to agree terms.

Looks like BC couldn't care less about FFP ,

Be interesting to keep an eye on that.,.,

Fire sale in 6 months maybe :lolol:

Jun 26, 2014
Fair play, looks like someone else you're over paying :lolol:

...or he just likes it out West

Also, family being settled here may be a part with it.

Another factor is that he would rather be a starter in a big League One club, than backup in a playoff chasing Championship squad.

We aren't overpaying anyone anymore, nothing like what we were a few seasons ago. We had the second highest wage bill in the Championship the season we got relegated, but the clown en charge was over paying massively.

The money we are paying now is very reasonable for the quality of player we are getting. Makes a change to see some organisation in and around the club.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I just linked a piece in the Bristol Post to one of your fellow fans, have a read of that.

It was also on Sky.

I just read through some old threads, see some of your lot rate him, so glad to pick him up.

I just have cheers,assume Adam El-Abd will slip further down now,did not play much last year did he..

Well anyway good luck for the forth coming season..and the new ground..seems like everybody is getting new grounds these days..

Jun 26, 2014
Looks like BC couldn't care less about FFP ,

Be interesting to keep an eye on that.,.,

Fire sale in 6 months maybe :lolol:

It may not have even be wages. I am sure he would rather be a first team member of a League One with the same wages you would of offered him, than a back up member of a Championship side.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
It may not have even be wages. I am sure he would rather be a first team member of a League One with the same wages you would of offered him, than a back up member of a Championship side.

Fair point, but I doubt we would have Told him he'd just be a back up.

Jun 26, 2014
Would seem odd we keep scouting these players then offer them tuppence ha'penny.

Going for BC ******* their money away :moo:

Possibly you may not be able to offer the wages we currently can? I am not sure of your financial state, but the fact you get 30k a week, surely you can't be that badly off?

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Like I said above, he is clearly happy and settled in the West Country, and also would rather be getting the same wages, to be a first team member in League One, rather than a back up in the Championship.

Fair point. If I'm honest I would have expected him to be a starter, considering the amount of CB's we currently have.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here