Sam baldock - Merged

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
plus we only have 2 keepers, if we sign one more we'll have 3, but if we sold 2 we'd have none......just in case anyone needed me to state the bleeding obvious.

That post was in reply to the one about him preferring 1st team under Holloway to back up for us. So not quite so obvious with rumours of either Ulloa or CMS being sold.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
What is your definition of ambition?

as said in some previous posts ambition might mean paying lots of money for mediocre players and missing out
but then there are clubs like the Burnley's of this world that have a very ambitious manager and very ambitious players that want to get to the promised land without being paid huge lumps of money they are prepared to fight for the premier where they will/might get those huge lumps of money

football unfortunately is one of those places where if you are lucky you will get far more wages than you are actually worth(we have had a few of those) and where you might work hard at your trade and make it big, Mr Keegan comes to mind and a player we had a Mr M Robinson the trick is finding those players that can do it naturally and those who work at it and melding them together.
thing I like about our new manager is what he said
there are no old or young players
just good ones and bad ones

I for one am liking that
all we have to do now is find the players with the same ambition

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
It seems like Bristol have a money man that's more interested in buying the selling. I doubt we'd make an offer that would tempt Bristol to sell. Same situation as Leicester and Ulloa although Lecisteter have got more money to throw at it.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
He is not worth £5m surely!? Good player, but not that good!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Saw a Bristol City fan on Twitter suggest they'd accept a bid of £5 million for him. I wouldn't want us to pay much over a fifth of that.

And we won't, not in Tony Bloom's lifetime. Rhodes went for more than that but his record was phenomenal (almost 40 goals a season more than once, whereas Baldock has had one fairly consistent- 20 goal- year).

Nobody is going to pay City £5 million, and especially not us.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
[QUOTEe wont=edna krabappel;6435662]

Nobody is going to pay City £5 million, and especially not us.[/QUOTE] And we shouldnt even think about it
at that price, which we wont thankfully

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports