Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sam Allardyce to be interviewed for the Wolves job

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
I think it's pretty clear Bloom doesn't favour long-ball football so you can sleep assured the likes of Sam Alladyce will never be employed by Brighton.

That Allardyce purely relies on long ball tactics is a bit of a myth. He's a very pragmatic manager and his teams are always set up so that their hard to beat, it's not pretty football but he isn't against using flair / creative players when it's warranted.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I think it's pretty clear Bloom doesn't favour long-ball football so you can sleep assured the likes of Sam Alladyce will never be employed by Brighton.

Blimey. Thats SUCH a lazy cliché.

OK, England hardly played like Brazil 70' in his one and only game in Slovenia, but did you see the game ? Did they spend 90 minutes lumping it into the box ?

Were Sunderland just humping it up the pitch to Defoe when he kept them up ?

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
That Allardyce purely relies on long ball tactics is a bit of a myth. He's a very pragmatic manager and his teams are always set up so that their hard to beat, it's not pretty football but he isn't against using flair / creative players when it's warranted.

Jay Jay Okocha for one who played the best football of his career at Bolton and he made Michael Ricketts into a feared PL centre forward.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
The job I do is largely irrelevant to other parts of my business. If I were to undermine those other parts of the business then it would be an act of misconduct - gross even, if it were about breaking standards and rules. There's nothing disingenuous about it. His employer was the FA. He undermined them. End of story. It was very wrong. A breach of contract.

Quite, he let the FA down and the country. Though frankly if we didn't qualify for Russia I wouldn't lose any sleep

Amazes me how so many stick up for the fat lump on here, should we now get Rednapp in? Sam was at the pinnacle of his career and he blew it. Pure greed lured him for the offer of just a few weeks wages.

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
The job I do is largely irrelevant to other parts of my business. If I were to undermine those other parts of the business then it would be an act of misconduct - gross even, if it were about breaking standards and rules. There's nothing disingenuous about it. His employer was the FA. He undermined them. End of story. It was very wrong. A breach of contract.

He breached his contract so badly, yet the FA paid him £1 million pounds in compensation.

How exactly does that work then?

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Unbelievable. We know he's a good manager but this soon after what happened with England? :facepalm:

Except he didn't do anything wrong with England - just rather stupid - and they sacked him because of the bad light it threw on the FA. His football credentials are intact, and there will be clubs after him, though, hopefully not ours. He can afford to wait living off the bumper payout he got for a 67 day reign - I wonder what that worked out to per minute !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here