Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Saluting The 30 pass Di Zerbi Ball thread

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
It was a shame MOTD didn't show it in full. As I said on Saturday, it was the best team goal I have ever seen in all the years I have watched Albion. I'm glad the full video is shown. Everyone was involved.
They have 8 minutes - as it was first. To fit in 4 goals, a VAR dispute, various other talking points (the subs, booing, fans leaving), Ansu Fati's first chance in football, the various Rashford chances including hitting the post, various Ten Haag and Di Zerbi reactions. Some of that would have to go to fit in nearly 2 minutes of the build up to the Gross goal. Which they referenced and analysed with Danny Murphy anyway and the club have shared - for free - as part of their highlights rights.

North Carolina Supporter

American Seagull
NSC Patron
They have 8 minutes - as it was first. To fit in 4 goals, a VAR dispute, various other talking points (the subs, booing, fans leaving), Ansu Fati's first chance in football, the various Rashford chances including hitting the post, various Ten Haag and Di Zerbi reactions. Some of that would have to go to fit in nearly 2 minutes of the build up to the Gross goal. Which they referenced and analysed with Danny Murphy anyway and the club have shared - for free - as part of their highlights rights.

Very detailed analysis of DeZerbi’s adjustment that changed the match. (Apologies if already shared)

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
It was a shame MOTD didn't show it in full. As I said on Saturday, it was the best team goal I have ever seen in all the years I have watched Albion. I'm glad the full video is shown. Everyone was involved.
I can understand MOTD not including the whole thing given their time constraints. What I was more surprised about was the whole move wasn't shown on the Sky 30 minute highlights show, where time is definitely not a constraint.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I wondered the same. Then gave Lamptey the benefit of the doubt. I think Pascal would have called. There was a slight hesitation that suggested it might be to Lallana - but in any event he would have seen Pascal arriving - so stopped. I am going with Pascal called. Lamptey put it into the space.
On the pitchside camera - a definite pass to Pascal. Relax.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Maybe show a bit less of the minutes silence, players running out, bit less chit chat between Gary and the boys, they could and should have done it.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Maybe show a bit less of the minutes silence, players running out, bit less chit chat between Gary and the boys, they could and should have done it.
The silence was 5 secs. There was no “chit chat” - there was three minutes of analysis by Murphy on the tactical battle and explaining how the goals happened.

Reactions: A1X

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Just think back to school days when we were being "coached" and the football we used to watch over the decades. Goalies almost always hit it long. (To be fair this may have been a lot to do with the surfaces that footballers of all ages and abilities had to play on in the 70s and 80s and even 90s.)

Now, particularly when I watch top level football, it strikes me as almost bizarre to see a keeper hit a goal kick long. It's more or less a 50-50 chance which side will win possession and the ball can come back just as quickly as it was kicked.

I've never been one for analysing tactics or necessarily understanding the finer nuances of coaching theory but I'm definitely having a footballing education under De Zerbi. That 30-pass goal will be studied by a lot of coaches I think.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Get shot of Linekers waffle and that will save some time as well as some serious dough 🤦‍♂️

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I watched it back earlier on the Irish feed of the whole game (I wanted to see it with commentary) and Neil Lennon was raving about it – and Brighton's play in general – for ages in the post-match debrief.

I was pretty special and I've watched the whole thing a good few times, but I can understand why MOTD didn't show the WHOLE thing. As awesome as the goal was, I think anyone who thinks that programme should've spend nearly two minutes on the build-up to a goal might be a bit deluded. I'm not sure they've ever done that with any other goal – for that length of passage of play.

Thankfully, there seem to be plenty of other places to see it...

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
I don't know about Bruno Fernandes reaction after 0.59 I was screaming "oh get it forward" after 40 seconds - when will I learn ? :facepalm:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Me and the kids were counting the passes when watching it on Game of the Week - one of the other goals was pretty similar too (although you couldn't count them all at the time, because they didn't show us take the throw in).

In fact for both goals (the ones with tons of passes) the commentator was praising us half way through the move, before knowing we'd score, saying something along the lines of 'this is what Brighton do'.

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate
We may be the top scorers but this goal, and our playing style in general is apparently boring.

Stand down everyone.

Screenshot_20230918_175735_X.jpg

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here