Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Saluting The 30 pass Di Zerbi Ball thread

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Thought this deserved its own thread. Remarkable.

Of course we now see this week in week out and it shouldn't be a surprise but its now remarkable how i've watched Arsenal, Chelsea, England etc just in the last week and as i'm now expecting this type of build up play from other elite clubs when i watch them but it never seems to happen. Onana just couldn't get it to work at Old Trafford for United.

"soul destroying" was my favourite reaction here.

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
I've watched it numerous times now. Incredible.

What makes it more incredible for me is that at the time I thought nothing of it - this is just Brighton being Brighton.

But in hindsight it is an elite masterclass of using possession football to break down and find space in an opposition defence to score a fantastic goal.

Amazing skill and decision making from the entire team. Phenomenal tactics from the manager.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
How many times over the course of the 30 pass move, does the play go through Pascal Groß?

Is it SIX?? :love:
That’s obviously why the ever popular and perceptive Garth Crooks has him in his team of the week!! :ROFLMAO:

irony or sarcasm - you choose!

edit: and it has to be said the finish itself is poetry in motion. Defenders falling over all over the place and Unser Meisterspieler letting the ball do the work before calmly slotting it home!

Sepulveda

Notts County's younger cousins' fan
Mar 19, 2023
Northern Italy
As someone who is used to a different style* of football, "soul destroying" is exactly how I'd describe that; it's honestly terrifying in a giant-hive-minded-meat-grinder-machine kind of way.

Some other football fans might describe good park-the-bus defending as "soul crushing", but being raised with park the bus defending I find that kind of possession football much more soul crushing to witness as the opposition.

* This being the maximum amount of patience for possession that we have :lolol::

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
As someone who is used to a different style* of football, "soul destroying" is exactly how I'd describe that; it's honestly terrifying in a giant-hive-minded-meat-grinder-machine kind of way.

Some other football fans might describe good park-the-bus defending as "soul crushing", but being raised with park the bus defending I find that kind of possession football much more soul crushing to witness as the opposition.

* This being the maximum amount of patience for possession that we have :lolol::

That's a brilliant goal though.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Amazing amazing time to be a Brighton fan. Just eating my lunch in my school staffroom, the palace fan walks in and joins the conversation just as someone asks who Brighton played at the weekend. She listened and added, Brighton are simply brilliant. She's only young but like Zaha, 'gets' the rivalry. Hahaha, love it.

Thought this deserved its own thread. Remarkable.

Of course we now see this week in week out and it shouldn't be a surprise but its now remarkable how i've watched Arsenal, Chelsea, England etc just in the last week and as i'm now expecting this type of build up play from other elite clubs when i watch them but it never seems to happen. Onana just couldn't get it to work at Old Trafford for United.

Genuinely ripped them a new one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here