Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Sussex] Saltdean Lido

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Visited Saltdean Lido this morning for a "family swim" session.

They'd only advertised adult swim lane sessions had recommenced, but when I went to their booking site yesterday afternoon I saw a family swim session for today so booked it.

Essentially you get an hour, and although I believe the session was booked full, there was loads of space to have fun, so they seem to be keeping capacity down.

Just mentioning it in case it helps anyone out who fancies a swim. I'd kept an eye on Arundel's outdoor pool but it seems to be booked up for most of the Summer, if not all of it. It also looks like they have a slightly strange setup where each family gets an allocated square of the pool. At Saltdean, you have the whole pool to use.

Just checking now, Saltdean has space in a family session at 4pm tomorrow, and lots of availability on multiple sessions on Sunday. I suspect because you can't see availability until you register on their site - https://www.fusion-lifestyle.com/centres/saltdean/login/#register - it's escaped the attention of many people.

Anyway - enjoy if you go, ignore this if it's of no interest!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Visited Saltdean Lido this morning for a "family swim" session.

They'd only advertised adult swim lane sessions had recommenced, but when I went to their booking site yesterday afternoon I saw a family swim session for today so booked it.

Essentially you get an hour, and although I believe the session was booked full, there was loads of space to have fun, so they seem to be keeping capacity down.

Just mentioning it in case it helps anyone out who fancies a swim. I'd kept an eye on Arundel's outdoor pool but it seems to be booked up for most of the Summer, if not all of it. It also looks like they have a slightly strange setup where each family gets an allocated square of the pool. At Saltdean, you have the whole pool to use.

Just checking now, Saltdean has space in a family session at 4pm tomorrow, and lots of availability on multiple sessions on Sunday. I suspect because you can't see availability until you register on their site - https://www.fusion-lifestyle.com/centres/saltdean/login/#register - it's escaped the attention of many people.

Anyway - enjoy if you go, ignore this if it's of no interest!

Saltdean Lido's great if you have the weather. Typically we've already got loads of outdoorsy plans for this weekend in the countryside but I'll put this away for when I'm off work for a week*

*when it will be raining and 15 degrees. Week starting 24 Aug. Avoid it like the plague, sun fans.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Website keeps crashing when submitting the registration form. Tried 3 different browsers. Think you've broken it [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION]

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Saltdean Lido's great if you have the weather. Typically we've already got loads of outdoorsy plans for this weekend in the countryside but I'll put this away for when I'm off work for a week*

*when it will be raining and 15 degrees. Week starting 24 Aug. Avoid it like the plague, sun fans.

I look forward to the 24th August then, on a side note has that chest infection cleared up yet?

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Thats just reminded me that last summer our local small outdoor pool decided to have naked pool evenings! Not sure whether it was compulsory to be naked or a choice but I bet it has never been so busy.

That seemed to coincide with a sharp increase of step-ladder sales?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Lots of nice country hotels with outdoor pools in Sussex doing very good deals at the moment as well. That’s if you want to avoid all the screaming little oiks in Saltdean / peacehaven

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
As an aside I spent large swathes of my younger life at Saltdean Lido. My parents took me there as a youngster then I would go with friends in my early teens. Absolutely loved the swimming and also loved the building itself.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here