[Politics] Salman Rushdie stabbed

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Stabbed OR punched...no confirmation...yet.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
The article in the OP includes ""Rushdie suffered an apparent stab wound to the neck," the police statement said."

I don't know if it's been updated since the other replies have come in.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Once on a list, always on a list

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Absolute prat stabs author and gets locked up. Stabbing triggered by dead Iranian Ayatolla.

Nothing to see here, albeit best wishes to the author.

It would be nice if the fatwa were called off, and Iran told there would be no trade, no flights, no entry here, etc till they do so.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I know its Salmon Rushdie and we all know the history........ but ....have the authorities said what the motive behind the attack was?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The stabber was 24. He wasn't even born in 1988.

Religious loons and their stupid ideas based on morals from 1500 years ago. Tossers.
To be honest, I don't think their beliefs were moral even 1500 years ago.

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
I must admit, I was surprised to see him appear in ‘The fatwa boys’, with Larry David. In typical Larry David fashion, it was in such bad taste. They succeeded in taking blasphemy to a new level. Either very brave, or very stupid. Islamic fundamentals, or any fundamentalist for that matter, are not exactly renown for their tolerance. Try and watch it. It’s fantastic !

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Absolute prat stabs author and gets locked up. Stabbing triggered by dead Iranian Ayatolla.

Nothing to see here, albeit best wishes to the author.

It would be nice if the fatwa were called off, and Iran told there would be no trade, no flights, no entry here, etc till they do so.

I’ve just read in the Guardian:

Iran’s government has long since distanced itself from Khomeini’s decree, but anti-Rushdie sentiment lingered.
In 2012, a semi-official Iranian religious foundation raised the bounty for Rushdie from $2.8m to $3.3m.

I don’t know the implications of “semi official religious foundation” though.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I’ve just read in the Guardian:

Iran’s government has long since distanced itself from Khomeini’s decree, but anti-Rushdie sentiment lingered.
In 2012, a semi-official Iranian religious foundation raised the bounty for Rushdie from $2.8m to $3.3m.

I don’t know the implications of “semi official religious foundation” though.
Slightly HARD line maybe

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here