Saints Praise Elphick

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Tassie Seagull

Dave Clarkson's Left Sock
After all the crap he has been getting over the last few weeks, just read this on Saints website!!

Tirau Dan, Tirau (NZL) says...
6:29pm Sun 15 Nov 09

Wish we had Elphick.. he's bossed their back line and cleaned us up today.

Full credit to them.. playing well in defence.. building the game from the back, countering and taking what chances come..

Discuss...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'm not sure he lost a header all afternoon. He was terrific. Not been able to say that in a while.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I thought Hammond missed a sitter and they could have scored on quite a few other occasions in the second half, especially Lambert and their sub from headers when our defence failed to cut out crosses.

But the scoreline says 3-1 to the Albion, so why give a flying one :p

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I thought Hammond missed a sitter and they could have scored on quite a few other occasions in the second half, especially Lambert and their sub from headers when our defence failed to cut out crosses.

But the scoreline says 3-1 to the Albion, so why give a flying one :p

porkypie

On the road to no where
Oct 31, 2009
Button Moon
Elphick was good today, i fancy there was a little problem with him and slade, no the squad and slade, great result today. Lets hope we can keep it up1

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
He played well today; He has been crap all season. If he can return to the form of that debut season, then we might, just might have a half decent player on our hands. He didn't look nearly as edgy today and played with much more confidence.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I'm not sure we did any defensive "bossing". It was nervous, but kudos to the boys for holding on and not letting their nerves get the better of them.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Thought it was Elphicks best game of the season by a long way.

If he keeps on playing like this and we can get another decent centre half alongside him....the future looks bright.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
They did well to hang on away at St Marys, but not letting one in during open play was partly lucky, and a fair bit down to Kuipers. It also helped having 11 men on the pitch, which made a change.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Harsh. Tunni and Elf had MASSIVE games, but El Abd after a shakey first 20 minutes] and Whing played their part too.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Tunnicliffe and Elphick performed well as did El Abd playing out of position yet again and up against a very fast winger.

Whing was his usual, made the numbers up and offered nothing. I hope that we either continue with Hoyte's loan or sign a right back on loan now or on loan now with a view to permanent in January.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports