Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Saint and Greavsie

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
Used to be my favourite show, before the premiership was formed. They used to have a right giggle which made it fun to watch, I don't really watch football focus, everyone on there is as dull as ditch water or a muff muncher

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Used to be my favourite show, before the premiership was formed. They used to have a right giggle which made it fun to watch, I don't really watch football focus, everyone on there is as dull as ditch water or a muff muncher
1.png

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Just why?

Infraction issued.

John Byrnes Mullet

Global Circumnavigator
Oct 4, 2004
Brighton
Loved It. It was a ground breaking show because it moved football shows away from the smart suit stiff upper lip brigade who weren't allowed to laugh at anything. Greavsie loved to take the piss. He was a true legend. The show when Donald Trump appeared was pretty far out.

LANGDON SEAGULL

Dec 9, 2004
Langdon Hills
Loved It. It was a ground breaking show because it moved football shows away from the smart suit stiff upper lip brigade who weren't allowed to laugh at anything. Greavsie loved to take the piss. He was a true legend. The show when Donald Trump appeared was pretty far out.
Didn’t Donald Trump do the draw for the league cup? Or am I imagining it ?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I enjoyed it at the time. But I won't want to watch the reruns. I have no hankering for the 'old school' world.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
It’s excellent, I’m really enjoying these repeats, even if some of Greavsie’s jokes were a bit sub-Jim Davidson. But the whole thing is a timely reminder that football before Sky took it all over wasn’t all hooliganism and disasters but also a lot of great players and a rather fairer financial playing field too. As someone who finds the modern game a bit bloated and up itself I have no problem with that.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Used to be my favourite show, before the premiership was formed. They used to have a right giggle which made it fun to watch, I don't really watch football focus, everyone on there is as dull as ditch water...
Not ashamed to say that I loved it too.

The chemistry and rapport between them was outstanding with the English - Scottish dynamic adding to it.

As for Football Focus, it's lost its way completely IMHO with an emphasis on finding ex-players media work over presenting talent.

It's The One Show with a football theme. Banal and anodyne. This is the sort of thing being offered up.

"Watch as BBC Sport pundits Alex Scott and Fara Williams exchange funny Christmas gifts with one another."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/67755567

People want presenter presence, not presents.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here