Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sainsbury's to raise pay by 4%

kip

Aug 2, 2011
They could raise the money of most shop floor workers by 50%, you still couldn't afford to buy a beach hut in Brighton.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I don't think he does call it that, minimum wage and living wage are two different terms, nobody equates them.

But the Chancellor did in his emergency budget talk about and make great play of the Living Wage..... laughably.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I'm surprised anyone can live on that wage unless you live at home or a house share etc...Christ it should be £10 minimum grrrr.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
As an employee, I'm fairly chuffed.

Funnily enough, wasn't aware of it until reading this thread.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Ha. Crumbs from the king's table.
The Tory's and their "living wage". They love to just name something and hope we'll buy it. Calling it a living wage doesn't make it so anymore than sticking feathers up your arse makes you a chicken.

Presumably you felt the same when Labour first introduced the Minimum Wage?

timco

Jul 5, 2003
Birmingham
4% at this stage to band 2 colleagues (basically shop floor colleagues and delivery drivers and pickers and those who do standard jobs in the warehouse), not too sure what management (band 3 team leader, band 4 department manager etc etc) will be increased by.

we pay all out band 2s the same wage now whether they're 18 or 68

Except where local negotiation exists (that is the union negotiate wages and conditions for an individual site), this will not apply at my depot because due to local negotiations the pay and conditions are well above the norm. It is in fact the highest paid depot in the Sainsburys network basic pay for lowest grade is above £10 an hour + shift allowances.

Those included in this also do not get the company bonus scheme either, not that this is a bad thing as they can earn more per month than I (working at the same depot but employed centrally so not subject to the local negotiation) as a higher grade colleague can get in a year by simply doing their job badly but faster.

My job is not very demanding and still come out with gross pay of over £30,000 a year with no qualifications, try doing this in any other role with any other supermarket.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here