Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Safe Standing Survey...

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
I sit in the WSU so they would probably not put safe standing there. I don't feel it's up to me to say don't put safe standing in the North if the people who have seats there would like it. If the majority of Nort Stand want it and the club are open to it, then why not do it.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
I sit in the WSU so unlikely to directly effect me but whilst I don't have anything against safe standing I think the stadium was designed as an all seater and if safe standing was brought in some season ticket holders would have to be moved.

For all those saying the club are being disingenuous saying it would delay other stadium improvements, it is up to the club how they spend their money.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Be honest. Who can be honestly arsed to stand up when you've got a completely clear view of whatever's happening at the other end of the pitch?
Try asking those who go to away games. I don’t understand why the front row has to stand for 90 minutes, meaning everyone has to.
The sooner safe standing is incorporated for those who want to stand the better. Then those who want to sit can do so.
It’s the away ends that need this first, not home ends where it’s not an issue as there are alternative areas where people sit.

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
Ah, right. Probably should 'of' mentioned the word 'safety' in your post then :shrug:

My first post about it on this thread ... :shrug:

Screenshot 2023-01-31 at 15.48.25.png

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Try asking those who go to away games. I don’t understand why the front row has to stand for 90 minutes, meaning everyone has to.
The sooner safe standing is incorporated for those who want to stand the better. Then those who want to sit can do so.
It’s the away ends that need this first, not home ends where it’s not an issue as there are alternative areas where people sit.
Survey's about the Amex :shrug:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Not sure that would work. People buy tickets where they can. If only the front row is available they'll buy them there and probably still stand.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Not with a shopping list of dos and don'ts. Having to stand in an allocated space really defeats the object. Retaining the existing seating is just "standing up in your seat" which is what is done in the NS now. If it is going to divert financial resources for no effective change to what is already happening, it just isn't worth it.

My main concern is point 5; requiring some fans to move from their existing seat. No. Just no. We are way better than them up the road. Longstanding STHs should not be forced to move.

The time to factor in / plan for safe standing was in the first few seasons at the Amex when Barber repeatedly said that the club would never support the safe standing campaign. Too little, too late now.
But standing in an allocated space has always been what safe standing is. It's not a throwback to the 70s.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
It's supposed to be something like that at away grounds because the fans arrange it that way. I get a ticket very near the front because I buy through Customer Services and still had selfish people on the front row, stand in front of me.

The worse case scenario was at Goodison. I was on the very front row, and a wheelchair user was placed right in front of me. All I could see was his back and shoulders.
Luckily, a Scouse steward saw what was happening and took me onto the track where I could sit in a carer's seat.
Sorry but that's not right. I go to pretty much every away game and fans do not organize themselves on that basis. The main reason people don't use their own seat to stand in front of is that they want to stand with their mates. There may be some that are able to find unused seats nearer the front but they are few and far between, certainly when we sell out our allocation.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Probably in a minority, but I quite like NS the way it is ie spontaneous standing when the action's up our end. Be honest. Who can be honestly arsed to stand up when you've got a completely clear view of whatever's happening at the other end of the pitch?

Just seems to me that the club are reluctantly having to pay lip-service to this knee-jerk nod to the bygone Goldstone era bolleaux. The NS at the Amex is in no way equivalent to the NS at the Goldstone. At the Goldstone, the NS was free-range. You could stand wherever you wanted. At the Amex you're at a battery farm. You'll still have to sit/stand where your seat says
Tend to agree. Seems to be a few anecdotal stories of sore shins. Wonder when the first case of someone stumbling and smashing their head on a metal bar as they go down!!

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I sit in WSU and happy with my lot.

I think it would be good to offer a standing area with some crush barriers and probably give an increase to 1:1.5 density. It would have to be in the North Stand . Sorry for those already with STs for that area who would not like it but we have to move on IMO.

I am not sure what the real benefits are for the 1:1 safe standing plan is.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Probably in a minority, but I quite like NS the way it is ie spontaneous standing when the action's up our end. Be honest. Who can be honestly arsed to stand up when you've got a completely clear view of whatever's happening at the other end of the pitch?

Just seems to me that the club are reluctantly having to pay lip-service to this knee-jerk nod to the bygone Goldstone era bolleaux. The NS at the Amex is in no way equivalent to the NS at the Goldstone. At the Goldstone, the NS was free-range. You could stand wherever you wanted. At the Amex you're at a battery farm. You'll still have to sit/stand where your seat says
Me, probably because I’ve always stood at the football, just feels natural to do so, it’s not like it takes any particular effort is it.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
West stand middle tier is missing from the "where do you sit" question.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'm undecided on this

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here