Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sad Times Indeed

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
FWIW i agree with you. There is something i don't like about us being run like a 'proper' football club. I would prefer us to try something a little different perhaps somethin that reflects our past and acknowledges what the fans did for this football club.
Something different? Like being owned by a fan, working with local businesses, establishing a new football academy, award-winning community programmes. These are not all the norm at other clubs.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
It is farcical. For years I have laughed at what I deem to be 'joke clubs'. Newcastle, Chelsea, QPR, Leeds, Portsmouth - they've all had their turn in the spotlight. I never thought it would be us, but now it is. We are the joke of English football this summer.

Fortunately, I don't think many people beyond Sussex and the wider Albion diaspora have even really noticed. The sports pages are full of cricket, egg-chasing, tennis, golf and Newcastle, and Wimbledon is just over the horizon, so there's not enough room for goings-on (or not goings-on) at a Championship club. Only fans of Crystal Palace, who seem to need us in order to validate theirn own existence, are paying any attention at all.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Something different? Like being owned by a fan, working with local businesses, establishing a new football academy, award-winning community programmes. These are not all the norm at other clubs.

Yes that is the kind of stuff......more of that please!

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials

Hmm. Recent events at our award-winning community programme bear watching...

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Not that sad though is it?

Fantastic stadium, 20'000 odd season ticket holders. Multi million pound signings and a new multi million leading training complex on the way.

Poyet did a good job but managers come an go, as for what's going on now it's unfortunate this is being played out in the public eye but these things go on all the time and are messy.

Back the club it's being run by a great chairman and a professional team who are changing the culture internally to a slick business machine which will ensure long term benefits.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Over reaction alert

Yup, this indeed. It may seem to be taking ages, but it'll be over one way or another soon, and we'll move on and pretty much forget it very quickly, and get on with the new manager and new season. Not a particularly proud few weeks, but hardly earth shattering either. Managers come and go, c'est la vie.

supergeorge

Sep 7, 2009
It is farcical. For years I have laughed at what I deem to be 'joke clubs'. Newcastle, Chelsea, QPR, Leeds, Portsmouth - they've all had their turn in the spotlight. I never thought it would be us, but now it is. We are the joke of English football this summer.

For the love of God, outside of the fans of the club, no one is really interested in whats going on at Brighton, to say we are the joke of English football this summer is daft. Get real.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
All be done and dusted in a few weeks with a new FLAIR manager installed, pre-season will start, we will beat Norwich at home, sign a new star player and it will be business as usual.
So hope you are right.

I do think that although the club is not doing too well in the PR area to outsiders, there will have been some serious planning going on. If there is to be a new manager, we are probably discussing new players with him now.

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
can we all stop being so negative the season hasn't even started yet and if we get the right man and the right players we could have a good season like last season

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here