Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sad News

Tony the Pony

Jul 7, 2003
Littlehampton
It is with great sadness that I have to report that Dave White suddenly collapsed and died on Sunday 29th July whilst batting in a friendly game against Crawley Down.

Dave was a life-long Albion supporter, and a season-ticket holder in the South Stand.

Dave, aged 62, was President of Worthing Chippingdale Cricket Club and a stalwart committee member, always with the good of the Club at heart.

He was well known and respected by all local teams both for his bowling and as a person and he will be greatly missed by everyone who knew him.

Our deepest sympathy goes to his family.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
:(
Thats sad

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
62 is a young age to die.
RIP

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Do not stand at my grave and weep
I am not there; I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow,
I am the diamond glints on snow,
I am the sun on ripened grain,
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you awaken in the morning's hush
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft stars that shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry,
I am not there; I did not die.

A gallant innings, enjoyed by many, but alas cut short. Back in the pavilion, but never to be forgotten.

RIP Dave

:albion:

Last edited:

Superfreds Mullet

Where's Nogbad?
Mar 6, 2007
Walking on the Moon
Having been a captain of a local team for many years in the past, I have crossed paths with Dave many times playing for Chips in League ,Freindly and Worthing Evening League matches. I offer my sincere condolences as he will be surely missed in the Worthing area.

Al Bion

What's that in my dustbin
Sep 3, 2004
Up North
Sad news, another person who I'm sure fought for Falmer and will never see us run out there.

My sympathy to his family and friends.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Very sad indeed, 62 is young these days. My thoughts go out to his family and those that knew him.

RIP

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Having been with him on many Albion away trips and afternoons at the County ground, i will miss him loads. It was only last saturday he was in the sports argus in the cricket team of the week, and his legendary status was shown there.

But he loved cricket so much, and maybe it was destiny he was to die playing the game he loved so much

The news broke through yesterday to me and a few friends and we were all completely shocked

R.O.D we shall miss you loads

BobbySmith

Oct 25, 2004
Worthing
Know Dave for years, he always got me out, bowling his mean line and lenght, nice guy and a Worthing cricket legend, also I think he played for Chips all his life.

RIP

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
Having been with him on many Albion away trips and afternoons at the County ground, i will miss him loads. It was only last saturday he was in the sports argus in the cricket team of the week, and his legendary status was shown there.

But he loved cricket so much, and maybe it was destiny he was to die playing the game he loved so much

The news broke through yesterday to me and a few friends and we were all completely shocked

R.O.D we shall miss you loads

I agree with everything that Brett says. I have known Dave for many years, both out at the County ground and also on many many train trips to the away games and in the pub before and after home games. It will be strange when we get to the Evening Star and Duke of Wellington on a Saturday and they will be no ROD (Really Old Dave) and the Basketmakers will now have a little more room to move around in. Liz is also devestated, she sits next to him at Withdean.

He is already sadly missed by all of his many friends.

Anyway I expect he is now tucking into another breakfast with a pint of real ale.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Terrible news and it still has not really sunk in.

As Brett said he loved cricket so much, so in a way he went doing what he loved, but he will be sorely missed.

One of lifes true gents. There will be a big gap in our away travelling group this season.

Possibly the only man to eat a pound of cheddar on the train to an away game and then go into the pub and order a cheese sarnie.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
OMG - terribly sad news...

I played with Dave for Chipps for 2 seasons a few years back, and he has been a close friend ever since, especially with the Albion connection as well.

He was a wonderful man, always full of fun and enjoyed life to the full...

RIP Dave.

Kieron.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Tony

When you get details of the funeral, could you pass them on, as I'd like to have a chance to pay my respects to him.

cheers

Kieron.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Echoing the points above, I played against Dave many times.

really lovelly bloke

If there is ever a way to go, its doing what you love doing and Dave loved Cricket.

God Bless

dave

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here