Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sacrifice Hammond

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Whether it is Hammond or Dicker we need the extra man in there to give us a defensive midfield screen and allow the creative players freedom to express themselves. Blackburn have pace and power and would over-run us if we went too gung-ho.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Anyone watching on tv would have thought their sky box was on pause every time hammond was on the ball.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Unfortunately Deano was not quick in thought or deed yesterday. Game changed when The Dagger entered the arena.

yeh as soon as hammond went off they were up our end for two very close goal attempts.......he does have the touch of an axe murderer but he is starting to put in big time.......something we aren't getting from some other players just yet.........if vicente can get a bee in his bonnet and start playing to his full capabilities we have a very good play off chance.........thought AEA had a huge game yesterday...particularly when he moved the hull wall 6 feet to the left to give vince a shot on goal....!!

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Hammond played a great outside of the foot throughball for Bruno to run onto early on and there was a spell of a few minutes in the game that i saw him all over the pitch. His workrate was tremendous. It was a game we needed to win though and if the option was there to bring on an attacker to replace a DM then it will almost always be Hammo. I'd have him there ahead of Crofts certainly. Blackburn should be shitter and less interested than Hull, so he'll be back in on Tuesday i hope.
CMS is another matter. I'd keep him there too and try to let him form a relationship with Leo. A scrambled goal could turn his luck and form and let him have a smile on his huffing and puffing chops. Buckley i'd like to see back though and maybe his place is gained at CMS' loss. His pace threatens and makes defenders anxious. Add his skill to that and we have a winner on our hands.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Hammond's under rated by some. Adds some much needed power and strength to the midfield. Remember last season when we got out muscled so often in the middle. He's important.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
The problem with Barnes not playing is that we have to choose another scapegoat.

Bullseye-Darts-Logo.jpg

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
The problem with Barnes not playing is that we have to choose another scapegoat.

Yep. And what's needed more than anything, on a day after we've WON against a team challenging for Automatic promotion, is a f***ing scapegoat.

Board full of Bellends. We've got a etc

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
So if Barnes AND Hammond don't play, who will we criticise then? Oh, wait... CMS...

Thought Hammond did pretty well yesterday actually, to say we looked more incisive when Vicente came on is not really a fair criticism when Vicente is clearly our most incisive player and whomever he came on for would have likely had the same criticism!

Dan Gleeballs

Nov 24, 2011
Gus doesn't have Hammond in the team to play silky balls through to our front men & go on mazy runs. He's there to add steel to the midfield, get in the oppos face & link up play. He's obviously being doing well enough in Gus's eyes otherwise he wouldn't get the game time he does. I thought it was the right move to make the substitution as we were then able change our play & to take the game to Hull. I certainly wouldn't underestimate Hammonds value to the team.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Only an idiot can not see what Hammond does for them team, especially yesterday when he came off. Did they not notice how open the game was when he came off!?

That's because Gus brought on Vicente making the game open as we needed the win. I don't think there's much between Hammond and Crofts and I think we can do a lot better than either of them. If we don't go up let's hope we can get someone like Liam Trotter or Chalobah in to play that role.

D

Deleted member 2719

Hammond's under rated by some. Adds some much needed power and strength to the midfield. Remember last season when we got out muscled so often in the middle. He's important.

Very true, we looked very vunerable after he came off, the better sub surely would have been to take off the ineffective CMS (who could't trap a bag of cement but can run round it 100 times) for Vicente.

The boys were up for it and gave there all but Gus got lucky with that substitution IMO.

Nice to see Gus being positive but he doesn't need to be stupid.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here