Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Sacking of manager by printer!

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

Former York boss John Askey has said he was "hurt" by the way he was sacked.

The Minstermen sacked Askey, 58, on Wednesday after just over a year in charge of the National League club.
He had led the club to promotion from National League North through the play-offs last season.

"To have to stand in front of a printer and wait for a letter to be printed off and then be given it to see that I had been sacked... that hurt me more than anything," he told BBC Radio York.

Wow :wozza:

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
youre-fired-fired.gif

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
One of my good mates is a York Fan, and he was relaying all this nonsense to me as we watched Erith Town v Erith & Belvedere, made me very happy to be the position we are with Tony and not the chaotic club of old. Still don’t think it tops being sacked in a little chef.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Former York boss John Askey has said he was "hurt" by the way he was sacked.

The Minstermen sacked Askey, 58, on Wednesday after just over a year in charge of the National League club.
He had led the club to promotion from National League North through the play-offs last season.

"To have to stand in front of a printer and wait for a letter to be printed off and then be given it to see that I had been sacked... that hurt me more than anything," he told BBC Radio York.

Wow :wozza:
If he was stood in front of it, why did he need to be given it ?

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Earlier today my dear old inkjet printer finally broke down for the last time.

I loved that thing. It was like a Brother to me.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Oh brother.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here